Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Road is hard on my KM3’s, even filled to 20-25lbs on pavement they are a soft rubber compound and wearing fast, we don’t do too much road time, but I drove it to work the other day when I had my truck in for service and you could see wear in my 25 mile round trip. Still very happy with the performance but anyone thinking these are a road tire will be disappointed. I got rid of the carnivores because of the fragile sidewalls and voids between the tread blocks were showing small slices at less than 100 miles.
i actually bought mine specifically to drive on the road. LOL there seem to be a lot of people in the facebook groups using them for mainly roads as well. mine seem to be wearing really well for having a 2-300 miles worth of road time on them now. I guess i didnt measure the tread when i bought them but they seem to be decent so far. either way they are better than the carnivores on the road.

steve

Reactions: Speed Buggy

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Craig is OG OG rock bad ass!!
Yes @craigstumph does some nice rock crawling. Craig just said he went up to 39 MRT's so he should be really climbing those rocks now. I guess the that old saying that the 37 is the new 35 will have to be replaced with the new 35 is a 39 LOL.

·
Registered
2022 X3 XRS RR SS
1,015 Posts
BFG has always had a fairly soft compound even their street tire

I have always been a BFG fan But this time went with a different brand ASM M1Evil

Had them on for two years lots of street use and out back terrain no wearing issues

Only two issues they {1} get square after sitting a day and {2} wing rocks everywhere been in Glamis, Coral Pink and Sand Hallow no issues
Mud and Gravel no issues kinda pricey but last
They have a full 1” tread depth too. I like the tire

·
Registered
2022 X3 XRS RR SS
1,015 Posts
i actually bought mine specifically to drive on the road. LOL there seem to be a lot of people in the facebook groups using them for mainly roads as well. mine seem to be wearing really well for having a 2-300 miles worth of road time on them now. I guess i didnt measure the tread when i bought them but they seem to be decent so far. either way they are better than the carnivores on the road.

steve
Maybe it’s my driving style. 😆

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
What car is he running with 39’s?
It's been so long since I rode with him, I am not sure what his is. He was running 35's with water in the front tires when I rode with him. If I remember right with his screen he, had it would have to be a Polaris, but I think he was in the process of buying a Can Am to build up. I am waiting for some pictures form @craigstumph to see his new set up since he is on 39 inch tires and probably a Portal set up.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It's been so long since I rode with him, I am not sure what his is. He was running 35's with water in the front tires when I rode with him. If I remember right with his screen he, had it would have to be a Polaris, but I think he was in the process of buying a Can Am to build up. I am waiting for some pictures form @craigstumph to see his new set up since he is on 39 inch tires and probably a Portal set up.
Curious of pictures too. I think he's running a KRX these days.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Curious of pictures too. I think he's running a KRX these days.
Mark the owner of MRT has the KRX with Portals and 39 inch MRT's. It climbs really good and does a great back flip. Those KRX's are really short almost like a large ATV. Last time I was in Sand Hollow I was trail running with a guy that Had the KRX that was supercharged. He took me for a ride for a mile through some nice big whoops. It was like riding a wild Bronco (fast, and bouncy) He could only do 35-40 through the whoops. After that ride I told him he was going to go for a ride with me. I did that same mile run through those same woops at 70MPH and it was still smoother than the KRX, but to be fair his suspension is stock and mine is completely set up. Huge difference in the ride between the two.

• Haha
Reactions: Sublimeshooter

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
The M1 Evils are the longest lasting tire available. We have deals on them from time to time. Here is a video of my current build with 39s. The KRX has been in the shop for 3 months with a broken trans.

Looks like it climbs really good. Single seat?

Reactions: AZ Off Road

·
Registered
589 Posts
went to dinner again with mine last night haha. thats the best i can do with it during the week. i only have 11 miles of trails that are about 20 minutes away so i take it there sometimes too. now that the colors will be changing and the temps are cooling a bit, we will be out riding a little more.

steve

101 - 120 of 131 Posts