Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I bought this: a new 2019 Mav Sport 1000R X RC on clearance. Drove it straight from the dealer to the nearest ATV park, which was predominately sand & mud...lol. Will take it to a rock-crawling & trails park next. Oddly, the hood blew off while trailering it...only had it 8 hour and already ordering a replacement part. Even in sand, it was a blast. Had dealer install roof and 4 pt harnesses.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You had the dealer install the 4 point harnesses? Man you missed all the fun (read, frustration) of getting that nut on the bolt through the tiny hole. Congratulations on your new rig.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I bought this: a new 2019 Mav Sport 1000R X RC on clearance. Drove it straight from the dealer to the nearest ATV park, which was predominately sand & mud...lol. Will take it to a rock-crawling & trails park next. Oddly, the hood blew off while trailering it...only had it 8 hour and already ordering a replacement part. Even in sand, it was a blast. Had dealer install roof and 4 pt harnesses.

Congrats!
Go to "Introductions" section and tell us about you.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
You had the dealer install the 4 point harnesses? Man you missed all the fun (read, frustration) of getting that nut on the bolt through the tiny hole. Congratulations on your new rig.
The dealer said any non-electrical accessories purchased at time of vehicle purchase will be installed for free. Sure am glad I took advantage of that. Took 'em 3 hours just to install the harnesses.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The dealer said any non-electrical accessories purchased at time of vehicle purchase will be installed for free. Sure am glad I took advantage of that. Took 'em 3 hours just to install the harnesses.
3 hours?? We'll that should tell you something about that dealerships service department.
I could install them in less than 30 minutes at most. I hope the roof was free as they apparently didn't fasten it down correctly prior to delivery. Most also come with Velcro safety straps around the cage just for those reasons.

·
Registered
195 Posts
3 hours?? We'll that should tell you something about that dealerships service department.
I could install them in less than 30 minutes at most. I hope the roof was free as they apparently didn't fasten it down correctly prior to delivery. Most also come with Velcro safety straps around the cage just for those reasons.
He said he lost the hood, not the roof.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
248 Posts
Pulled the trigger and ordered rims today. Shout out to Craig for not telling me to get bent on how long it took me to decide.

Any who, they should look like this when they show up. Went with Illusion Orange for the color. Colors a hair off, can't remember half my photoshop buttons after 10 years lol.

Super excited. Thinking about going with MTR race tires for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I picked up a 2015 Maverick XDS turbo... my first Can Am.

Problem was with delivery, due to lock down here in Thailand I could not drive and collect it as its not allowed to travel to different provinces buggy was in Bangkok and I'm about 1000km north, I tried a few transport companies and none could do it for the same reason,
Cue the brother in law, he's quite high up in the military over here and after a conversation with the wife he had trucks down in Bangkok region that were due to head North, he made a few phone calls and the buggy was chucked on a military wagon and delivered to my house the following day, gave the military guys a few bahts for there troubles...

Just ordered oils and filters to do a full fluids and filter change, gonna check and clean clutches,
Also ordered some LED lights, etc etc, should keep me busy for a few days until lock downs ease off a bit over here.

81 - 100 of 139 Posts