Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see people are having trouble with there tie rods bending, so im going to order a set to keep in the trailer for spares. I know there are alot of companys thats making them. Let me know information on what brand you have, easy to install, working good?
thanks.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
There are a couple threads about tie rods so have you done a search and read all the posts?
How do YOU define "best"?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i see people are having trouble with there tie rods bending, so im going to order a set to keep in the trailer for spares.
I would keep the spares in the glove box so when u break down ur not stuck in the middle of no where, lol better yet the stocks r so weak I would throw those in the glove box as spares, lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out CT Racing's tie rods, plus he is in Charlotte. You might get a better deal if you pickup yourself since you are in NC.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
There is tie rod only replacement and then there is with the joint. Big difference in cost. I got the tie rod with joint but you probably only need the tie rod only. CT Racing seems to have the thickest front tie rods from what I researched.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Yup our tie rod replacements are 1" and out new complete replacements are 1.25". I wanted enough material so after long term use the aluminum wouldn't crack from around the threads. We're also working on tie rods to correct the factory bump steer which will kill two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i have done the research and read about the different tie rods. Didnt know if some required more time to put on or were they all basically the same since im wanting to keep the stock ends. But thanks for the information. i will be contacting ct racing.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yes i have done the research and read about the different tie rods. Didnt know if some required more time to put on or were they all basically the same since im wanting to keep the stock ends. But thanks for the information. i will be contacting ct racing.
I can only speak for the CT Racing tie rods I got from Alex. They are first class units and installed very easily and quickly in about 15 minutes per-side. I honestly think they improved steering response slightly as well being that they are more rigid than the stock POS (no flex = better response/feel).

IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0236.JPG IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0232.JPG IMG_0230.JPG IMG_0231.jpg

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
good call, you will be happy with your choice....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts