Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand of axles are you ordering and having the best luck with? I need to get a new one for the rear!

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
whatever you do buy them in pairs or you will be bying another real soon. I ran the cheapo superatv Rhino brand axles for two dune trips with no issues.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm running stock rears and cobra hd fronts with 32in outlaws no problems
Cobra has a pretty good reputation locally
Really depends on how you ride,if you constantly break them it may be worth the upgrade to turners. For me I haven't had much of a problem so I couldn't see spending twice the money on them

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I replaced one side and now 10-15 hours later I need the other side. Why does it matter if you replace one or both at the same time?

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
When it breaks it puts all that load on the other axle and can compromise the other side. Best to replace them both.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
I bought a set of Turners with the race up grade. $1200 for the set of rears. Time will tell if the are any better and I will give feed back

·
Registered
145 Posts
I replaced the one I grenaded on my commander with a sixity axle, not a high end replacement but a good economical alternative to the others. Of course if you are snapping axles like toothpicks you might need to upgrade.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I ordered a front off of s3powersports it looked just alittle beefier then stock. 200$ have about 500miles on it now no issues

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I bought a set of Turners with the race up grade. $1200 for the set of rears. Time will tell if the are any better and I will give feed back
I bought a set of turner evo and its there flag ship of axles and they are bullet proof . There eagles are there economy axles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,768 Posts
We Sell the Turners, Rhinos and S3 Titans. The Titans and Rhinos are fairly close in quality. The Turners are Top Notch. We have them all offered with Forum Discount. If interested pm me - JT

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
It's being a while since I bought mine , what is the price difference between the evo and the eagle . It was about 150.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I had got this email from Turner a while ago explaining it...

"For this application (120-200 HP Maverick) you need to run our Eagle Level 2 Race Series.This axle is designed to run over 300 HP and has a strong internal.
This axle also has 20% more wear property than our level 1 axles,which will help with your high speed travel, along with our high performance race grease
to keep your heat range down. The reason why we do not recommend the EVO axles for your application and what you are doing is because the type
of material we use is made for hard core mud riders so the constant high speed will wear them out very quick."

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Sounds familiar, I called and had the discussion with a gentleman . They recommend the Eagle 2 race which is a $100 dollar addition to the listed price. The biggest surprise was when I ordered, I had expected it to take awhile for my order to ship.

I ordered on Thursday and received them the following Tuesday . I also wanted a couple spare boot kits so if I tore one while riding I would have a spare with me to replace it. When i told him this he GAVE ME 2 KITS free !! So the months of waiting looks like it may be over. He said they keep all the parts in stock and assemble the axles when you order.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Sounds like a decent and reputable company for sure. Unfortunetly that's becoming more and more rare these days.

·
Registered
383 Posts
We Sell the Turners, Rhinos and S3 Titans. The Titans and Rhinos are fairly close in quality. The Turners are Top Notch. We have them all offered with Forum Discount. If interested pm me - JT
I just broke my right front on my XRS..still waiting to see if it's under warranty, but in the event that it's not I've been looking at aftermarket axles. I'd like to get a turner, but they are very expensive. Just looked at the Titans on your page, how do they compare to stock as far as strength? I'm not a mud bogger or hot rodder, I ride the mtns. and crawl around a lot, no much high speed stuff. Running 30" tires and geared down in the gearbox and primary clutch and 3" bracket lift. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Everyone is going to have their opinion on this but here is mine. Under good traction and hard acceleration your axel will twist like a torsion bar. Two different brand axels could have a different rate of tortion so my thoughts are that the side with the stiffest axel will tatk more of the load. To me this could cause another broke axel. I would run different brands if I planed on replacing the other to match soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts