Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on the Superwinch 1145230 Terra 45 4500lbs?

It's compared to Warn and seems to have better components. Anyone have this one?

Looking to buy one soon but on the fence about it. Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hey Dram, I've got one on mine and have been running it for about 3 years. Don't really use it too often but its never failed me yet. Knock on wood>>>probably just jinxed myself

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to Fordyce over the weekend and took the trail down to the river. I about crapped myself a few times and had to get creative with rocks and logs to get out. A winch would have settled the nerves. Lmao

Hey Dram, I've got one on mine and have been running it for about 3 years. Don't really use it too often but its never failed me yet. Knock on wood>>>probably just jinxed myself

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
We'll have to do a trip together, we usually camp at Cisco Grove. Was there any snow left?
I went to Fordyce over the weekend and took the trail down to the river. I about crapped myself a few times and had to get creative with rocks and logs to get out. A winch would have settled the nerves. Lmao

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was about 3 feet at the top. Mav had no prob getting through. Let me know when you guys go camping there.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Will do, we usually don't go there until June or after, basically when most of the snow is gone or it gets too hot to go to Sand mtn . I'd like to run further up Fordyce but nobody in my group will go because they don't have good skid plates. I also want to run the Rubicon this year too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Will do, we usually don't go there until June or after, basically when most of the snow is gone or it gets too hot to go to Sand mtn . I'd like to run further up Fordyce but nobody in my group will go because they don't have good skid plates. I also want to run the Rubicon this year too.

YES!!! interested in the Rubi, or is The Barret lake trail still open?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Are you from the Sac area? I don't now about the Barrett trail, it was always closed in years past everytime I went up there. I'm crazy busy right now but hopefully everything will settle down in the next couple of months and I'll let you guys know when I'm heading up & vice versa hopefully if you guys head up earlier.
YES!!! interested in the Rubi, or is The Barret lake trail still open?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the Terra 35 and it is a great winch. Don't know if you could even say second to Warn. Superwinch used to be a bit iffy because I believe they used to use plastic gears but no longer. Out in Montana, my friends and I run either sSuperwinch or Warn

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have a Super Winch on my Commander and the 4 times I have used it performed well. I actually like the clutch engage knob better than the Warn on my Woods Buggy. It's a lot easyer to turn. I do not know how well it would work on my 2500# Woods buggy as even the Warn 4.0 struggles at times. You can not beat the Super Winch for the money.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Dramdiesel what mount is that? Did the Terra come with the contactor and everything needed? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I used my terra 4500 3 times, it melted the negative connection on its final pull. Mind you I was buried in skew at the time. Had to finally get the jack all out and put timber under the tires to get out. In my opinion terra are junk. I replaced with a 4000# Canadian Tire special and it has out pet formed the terra significantly. I don't even know who supplies CT with their winches.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts