Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the photos Dez. Genius idea painting the wrenches, not only for identification but for finding them in the dirt when I will inevitably drop them! I also think I will have to steal the idea of keeping that little box full of disposable gloves. Thanks again!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thanks for the photos Dez. Genius idea painting the wrenches, not only for identification but for finding them in the dirt when I will inevitably drop them! I also think I will have to steal the idea of keeping that little box full of disposable gloves. Thanks again!
Yeah, red tools on the ground or sand show up. Also look at the socket rail, it has magnets built in to find dropped tools or screws. With tools in the X3, tools in the toy hauler, tools in the truck, tools in the wife's car and tools in the shop the different colors get put back in the correct tool boxes. I don't use the disposable gloves much but they're there if I need them. Also have lots of other items not listed or shown that tuck in here and there. You may notice lots of flashlights and spare batteries. Yep, I carry to much extra weight but I ride with Popo's and Yamaha's so it doesn't slow me down.

·
Registered
2020 Can Am Maverick X3 X RC Turbo
13 Posts
I think I got it now. $25 Walmart bow case packed, pictures posted above.

Look at the secondary belt tool. There are two pennies wrapped in duct tape for use between the bolt and the helix. Not everything is shown but you get the idea. Red paint is so I know it goes in the rig. There's still 2.5-3in above the belts for first aid/trauma kit.

Anything else goes in the door bags, roof bag, or glove box and a day use ice chest/bag in-between the seats hold 2 ice packs, 6 beverages and snacks.

@DEZPERADO, can you share which box you bought for your machine? I am looking to do something on the cheap as well.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
294 Posts
Is this the one people are buying from Walmart? It's not $25 but still cheap at $45

Plano SE Series Heavy Duty Bow Case, Black
Plano
Model: 1010635
Walmart # 563138337

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-SE-Series-Heavy-Duty-Bow-Case-Black/700385929

EDIT
lol just saw this review for the product. Must be it!

"Can Am Side X Side Storage Box

Works Great for a storage box on the back of my 2020 Can Am X3 RC RR! It will not open 90 degrees but opens enough to get out what you need. Best deal on storage.

CRAIG, February 20, 2020"

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, that's the one. Amazon is the same price, IIRC.

Fits great, looks like it was made for the X3!!!

I love mine, only wish you could open the lid all the way!

C-Ya!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah I was about to post that it's available on Amazon as well for the same price but much faster shipping. Just search for 1010635 on Amazon :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Bass pro/Cabella has a similar, but not as good and cost more. I took the foam sponge out of the bottom, left the foam on top. If you raise it on 2in stanchions it will open more.

·
Registered
643 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gotta admit it looks a lot better than I thought it would. When I saw Walmart bow box I thought not on my machine. Now...might have to get one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Gotta admit it looks a lot better than I thought it would. When I saw Walmart bow box I thought not on my machine. Now...might have to get one.
I'm sure you'll like it. It's not super thick plastic and does feel a little flimsy but can't complain for the price. It's low profile too so it doesn't block your view too much.

·
Registered
2019 Maverick XRC
57 Posts
I’ve been using a waterproof duffle bag strapped to one side of the deck with quick detach plastic buckles and a cooler on the other. Works well enough and provides some organization.

NPUSA Mens Large 22" Duffel Duffle Military Molle Tactical Gear Shoulder Strap Travel Bag Amazon.com : 22" 2600cu.in. NexPak Tactical Duffel Range Bag TF122 (Digi Camo Navy) : Clothing

Nelson-Rigg RG-006 Black Mountable Insulated Cooler Bag, 12 Pack Amazon.com: Nelson-Rigg RG-006 Black Mountable Insulated Cooler Bag, 12 Pack: Automotive

·
Registered
17 Posts
good buy for the money
Plano Protector Ultra Compact Pillar Locked Protective Bow Case, Dimensions: 41" x 15" x 4.75" 6 lbs

41 - 59 of 59 Posts