Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is spaced up with plenty of flow been working perfect with zero issues.
Just think about everyone with a windshield or a enclosed cab no air flow but still works great.

So u covered your intercooler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
How did you space it off your intercooler? We are getting the same make cooler, what size it that?

Thanks

Larry

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Not really a good comparison. A windshield or cab enclosure does effect air flow , but not like sitting a large bag on top of the intercooler whether it’s “spaced” or not. Although it might “work great” for now you WILL have issues

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use a RIGID tool box. I'm able to get all I need into it. Gloves, tool 20171209_125602.jpg 20171209_125620.jpg
kit, tire plug kit, spare belt, air gauge, socket set, flashlight, belt removal tool, air compressor, towels, and more...and I can still see out of my rear view mirror.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I use a Walmart $25 bow case, with;
3 belts in a bag with tools and scotch pad to change, including a flashlight.
Tool bag with wrenches, sockets, plyers, flashlight, and more.
Folding shovel/saw/knife/flint/hammer/pick/fish scaler, etc.
Big tire repair kit with 3 CO2's, plugs, patches, glue and tools along with 1 quart of tire sealer.
Tree saver, snatch block, 40ft winch rope, 30ft tow rope.
Jack, 12 volt air pump and jumper cables.
Roll of paper towels.
Emergency bag for long trips: 4 compact sleeping bags, 2 man tent, 2 emergency blankets, waterproof matches, whistles, road flares, freeze dried food/snacks, water, flashlights, etc.
I'm forgetting something....

Still some room left so I'm looking for a First Aid/Trauma kit to fit.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I had one of those truck bed tubular, pivoting bed extenders that was damaged. I cut it to fit, 3 bars high, and curved from the sides around the back. It mounted into factory bed holes. I only removed it for the Walmart bed box in my other post.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Big tire repair kit with 3 CO2's, plugs, patches, glue and tools along with 1 quart of tire sealer.
Emergency bag for long trips: 4 compact sleeping bags, 2 man tent, 2 emergency blankets, waterproof matches, whistles, road flares, freeze dried food/snacks, water, flashlights, etc.
Holy sh$&!!! You get all that in the Walmart now case? Amazing

·
Registered
665 Posts
Tree saver, snatch block, 40ft winch rope, 30ft tow rope.
Roll of paper towels.
I'm forgetting something....

Holy sh$&!!! You get all that in the Walmart now case? Amazing

It's a snug fit, 2 tool bags, one on each side, with tools, the other is emergency bag. The belts in a 3 pouch bag from a cruise line in the center. The sleeping bags are compact, each about the size of a baseball. Jumper cables are compact in a 6in round case, tucks in a corner. Scissors jack behind the belts. Tire sealant is wrapped in bubble wrap for safety.Still room on top of the belts for a trauma/first aid kit.
I forgot, and added snatch block, winch extension rope, tow rope and tree saver. There may be more little things I forgot.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Do you have pics of this stuff? I wanna see everything jammed the hell in there haha
I'll see if i can post some tomorrow.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Any photos of this Dez? Very interested in your set up!
Any photos of this Dez? Very interested in your set up!
I'm sorry, I tried but I'm not smart enough to add photos. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. If anyone is interested, I can send pictures to your email or phone.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Reactions: vltor17 and DarylD

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think I got it now. $25 Walmart bow case packed, pictures posted above.

Look at the secondary belt tool. There are two pennies wrapped in duct tape for use between the bolt and the helix. Not everything is shown but you get the idea. Red paint is so I know it goes in the rig. There's still 2.5-3in above the belts for first aid/trauma kit.

Anything else goes in the door bags, roof bag, or glove box and a day use ice chest/bag in-between the seats hold 2 ice packs, 6 beverages and snacks.

Reactions: atmartinez
21 - 40 of 59 Posts