Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Marlon Xplore II SxS Deck:

Xplore II SXS Deck

Works great, you can still haul a trailer that way too (though if you have a toy hauler, it would kinda be a moot point having the rack). My situation is that we have a boat too, so this worked for us. You just have to watch your weights and make sure everything falls within the specs of whatever you're using for your tow rig (i.e. GVWR, payload, etc). A half-ton pickup won't cut it - you'll need at least a 3/4-ton, and it's cutting it close even with that (depending on if you have a 2- or 4-seater Mav, and/or what kind of trailer/boat you'll be towing).

We've been on a few road trips with our setup, and it works great. The first time up the ramps and onto the rack in the back of the truck you definitely grit your teeth a bit, but after you've done it a couple of times, it's really pretty easy - put the Mav in 4WD low, lock the diff, and just drive it on up. The truck actually handles it surprisingly well too. I mean you can't go driving around like a NASCAR driver with it in the bed, but barring any bonehead moves, it does just fine up there.
I LOVE my marlon snowmobile sled deck...its pure quality. That looks scary though for unload/load like you say.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I sold a bunch of crap, and bought a maverick x3, then had to get a trailer. I got a 20 foot flat bed car trailer( also to haul my little kubota tractor with backhoe is about 16feet ). Now I'm wishing I researched more. If I want to add the snow tracks to my maverick which makes it 83" wide my trailer is 82" wide between the wheel wells.

This is my haul setup right now. I don't drive more than 30 minutes then rip then go back home. so I don't need some massive camping unit. If Oregon laws were not such shit I would just drive out the backyard and not really need a trailer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As long as you have a moho or class c, you can't go wrong with an enclosed trailer. An enclosed trailer keeps your stuff out of the elements, and away from peering eyes. Buy bigger than you think you need. You'll use up that space fast.
Yes but enclosed trailers are a pain in the ass to load and tie down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im in the market for a new X3 and am trying to decide the best way to transport it to the trailhead after it is purchased. I have been looking at everything from racks/ramps for the bed of my truck to open and enclosed trailers to the possibility of picking up a toy hauler. What are you using?
7x12 alluminum
Im in the market for a new X3 and am trying to decide the best way to transport it to the trailhead after it is purchased. I have been looking at everything from racks/ramps for the bed of my truck to open and enclosed trailers to the possibility of picking up a toy hauler. What are you using?
2018 X3 XRC 2 seater.
Use 7x 12 Aluminum open trailer. About$2400 new
Love it
I also have a 20 ft aluminum car trailer for my 2015 zo6 vette. Way too much for Utv

·
Premium Member
10,077 Posts
Yes but enclosed trailers are a pain in the ass to load and tie down.
IDK, never seemed hard. And I have to load 2 X3s, 2 dirt bikes, gas cans, wood, cones, and other crap. I guess I'm used to it, LOL.

·
Registered
2020 X3 Max RR
2 Posts
I have an open 18' and a 20' enclosed. I have not used either for the X3 yet, but hauling my other side x side and Jeep, I prefer the open trailer for short trips. Easier to walk around for tying down, and easier to see around when backing up. Longer trips where I want protection from the elements, and some security in parking lots, I will use the enclosed trailer.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
341 Posts
Triton AU1282. Perfect for a 2 seater with tracks. Leaves enough room for gas cans, coolers, extra tires and such.
I usually only pull from the city to Upnorth (200 miles) Then use it for trail heads. No room to store a enclosed in the city.

·
Registered
2019 X3 Turbo
1 Posts
My boyfriend's old race car trailer hauls my 2 seater. It's going to get a wrap soon. It's great to haul 2nd set of tires on the rack above, generator for dry camping and tools, compressor, fuel and supplies in the storage comparments.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts
My boyfriend's old race car trailer hauls my 2 seater. It's going to get a wrap soon. It's great to haul 2nd set of tires on the rack above, generator for dry camping and tools, compressor, fuel and supplies in the storage comparments.
Welcome to the site Lori...

Was great to have met you last weekend....one beautiful place to camp, party, and kickback to relax, IMO!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts