Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
The size and offset rim I bought is stock size. Only difference is it’s 15” not 14”. I haven’t notice any rubbing and I don’t expect to either. Guys are running 35” tires with no problems. These ties measure true or a touch bigger. At 10 psi measure at 33 1/2” tall. These are heavy and you will notice lower loss. My buggy is tuned so not a big deal to me. Clutch still feels good I may be a touch low on rpm but where and how we ride I never get to open it up anyway. A couple in our group run the 32” 370 with good results. Honestly I’m a huge carnivore fan and if they made it in a 33” or just deeper tread in a 32” I would have bought that . Over all I’m pleased and I couldn’t ask for a better functioning tire for all the different terrain we have in ky and tenn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
The size and offset rim I bought is stock size. Only difference is it’s 15” not 14”. I haven’t notice any rubbing and I don’t expect to either. Guys are running 35” tires with no problems. These ties measure true or a touch bigger. At 10 psi measure at 33 1/2” tall. These are heavy and you will notice lower loss. My buggy is tuned so not a big deal to me. Clutch still feels good I may be a touch low on rpm but where and how we ride I never get to open it up anyway. A couple in our group run the 32” 370 with good results. Honestly I’m a huge carnivore fan and if they made it in a 33” or just deeper tread in a 32” I would have bought that . Over all I’m pleased and I couldn’t ask for a better functioning tire for all the different terrain we have in ky and tenn.

Thanks for your response. I live up north in western Canada, most riding here is mountain, rocks and mud. The rocks are tearing up the stock Cryptid tires and just won't work in the long run. Same thing here, not really able to open it up but I would find more value with clearance and toughness. I just bought our X3 (225km on it), finding parts and people with knowledge are proving to be difficult - dealers only know OEM product in the catalogue, lol! I did look at the Carnivore's but I have heard they a little soft and not much taller than 31". My current tires (Cryptid) measure around 29.5 inches and probably work well in mud but, unfortunately you need to drive over mostly rock and mountains before you can get to it, lol! With the deeper lug and additional weight of the 33's, do you still feel you made the right decision, or 32" 370's and hit it a couple of times without the worry of broken axles, power loss, etc.? I assume you have run the Carnivores before...

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Yeah I had 32” carnivores since day one. Sold those mud things for 200$ just to get ride of them. 2k miles of rocks, blacktop, mud , you name it with the carnivores never let me down. They still have more life left but I cut a rim when a rock got stuck

I haven’t broke anything yet but I’ve been paying attention to throttle and not just smashing it like I did with the carnivores . I still use high gear 90% of the time like I did with the carnivores. I think I’ve put about 300 miles or so on the 370’s. If you are worried I’d go with 32” but you will loose tread depth . I bought the 33” without seeing them in person . When I went to pick them up I was like holy [email protected]&, those are huge. Lol they make rock crawling easier and hold well when saddled on side of a hill. With you being stock you may want to do a tune to help make up the power loss. Mine is right at 200hp from the 172 it came with. Crank hp of course not wheel. I’ve never put this one on dyno.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah I had 32” carnivores since day one. Sold those mud things for 200$ just to get ride of them. 2k miles of rocks, blacktop, mud , you name it with the carnivores never let me down. They still have more life left but I cut a rim when a rock got stuck

I haven’t broke anything yet but I’ve been paying attention to throttle and not just smashing it like I did with the carnivores . I still use high gear 90% of the time like I did with the carnivores. I think I’ve put about 300 miles or so on the 370’s. If you are worried I’d go with 32” but you will loose tread depth . I bought the 33” without seeing them in person . When I went to pick them up I was like holy [email protected]&, those are huge. Lol they make rock crawling easier and hold well when saddled on side of a hill. With you being stock you may want to do a tune to help make up the power loss. Mine is right at 200hp from the 172 it came with. Crank hp of course not wheel. I’ve never put this one on dyno.

I am so on the fence about it, lol! Between the cost of the new unit itself, stereo, windshield, roof, rear camera, light bar, whips, US dollar conversion, shipping costs, etc.. maybe I should just get a set of those 32'' Carnivores and run them on my stock wheels for a year before I drop another $2k on this thing. Damn thing cost more than the wife's truck at this point and if she knew how much I have spent I might be sleeping in the garage with it, lol!
Thanks for the advise, I appreciate your help
SXS Pic.jpg

·
Registered
2018 CanAm Maverick X3
19 Posts
I am reading thru all the tire /wheel posts ( many of them). Figured this was as good as any. For now I’m keeping my stock 14’s on my 18 x3 non turbo base for the foreseeable future. I have double shear kit and shock brace to buy yet so keeping cost down for now. What can I go up to without rubbing on trailing arm? Was considering either 29”in 9and11width or 28/10/14 all round for a lil xtra clearance. Will either of these combos negatively impact wear on rack/driveline etc? I ride primarily hardpack dirt some gravel pits woods etc. loving all the big tire wheel combos you guys are putting on I think they look great however like I said I want to keep the cost down for now and don’t plan on playin with the clutch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I was told by my dealer you can go up to 32" tires with no clutch concerns at all. They said they have sold numerous packages with 32s and have never had one come back for clutch work... so take that for what it's worth. I don't know if the fact yours is a N/A changes that, but thats what I have been told - and from reading other posts on here about it that is pretty much what I have found. I plan on doing 32" tires on 15" rims (15 over 14 because the 14s seem more likely to be chewed up from rocks). And I am leaning towards 5+2 offset which will make me slightly wider and pushing the limit on the width regulations here in WI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 XDS RR and went with System 3 rims with a 5/2 off set so I could clear 32" tires. I bought the System # XTR 370 tires. They are a bit heavy but I like them. Rims and tires cost me about $1100. Eventually I will do some clutch work to mine.
Are you still liking the 370 I'm planning on taking advantage of black Friday sale and getting some also do you have any rub issues

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
244 Posts
I know this is a VERY broad question but what are the most popular wheel / tire upgrades for an X3? Right now I just have the stock (non beadlock) wheels with the stock 28" Bighorns. I have seen a number of people selling "new" stock beadlocks which get me another inch up to 29" for around $500 on CL and similar sites. Wondering if I should go that route or put the money into something nicer.
I am not looking for anything that will require spacers, clutch upgrades, ... just something a little bigger (that my stock machine (172hp) and clutch can easily handle) and that look nice. Post some pics you have them on your machine and if the forum rules allow it, let me know what ball park price I should expect to pay fpr them.

Are people upgrading both their rims AND tires? Or keeping the stock rims and just getting nicer tires?
Pretty much all my riding is on trails, so I am not looking for mudders or paddles - just something that looks bada$$ and performs well :)
I went with Method 401 in 5+1 offset with 32” Nitto Trail Grappler SXS tires. Have about 2,500 miles on the setup with zero issues, no punctures, and they’ve performed well. I paid $2460 OTD for a set of five.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts