Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this site, so sorry if this has been talked about. I have tried searching the internet with only finding a few reviews but not much. I am looking at upgrading the tires to my 2021 X3 Max RS Turbo RR to a 30X10R14. I do not want to go up to a 32 because I did not want to possibly have to deal with any clutching issues. I am located in North Dakota so most of the riding is section lines, gravel roads, concrete, asphalt, ice and snow. This machine will also be used with a snow plow in the winter to clear my property.

These are the three tires I have narrowed it down to.
1) Kanti Mongols
2) Tensor Regulator
3) BF Goodrich KM3

I have ran the Mongols on my last two machines which were a 2016 RZR Turbo and a 2019 X3 RC Turbo R.

I like they way the Mongols ran on the RZR, but disliked them on the X3. Reasons I dislike them on the X3 was tires seemed to break loose on trails and almost felt like riding on ice. The other reason was when I used the machine to plow snow the X3 seemed like it could not get the traction to push the large amounts of snow like the RZR did. Ran the tires around 14 to 20 PSI. Both machines I ran tires with Tusk beadlocks. The new ones I go with will be ran with Fuel or Tusk beadlocks.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
1,387 Posts
I switched to KM3's a couple months ago and love them. Definitely sticky tires on hard pack and seem to be wearing quite well. Good on rocks, better than I thought they would be in mud. But can't speak for snow performance. Nor have I ever plowed with my X3 and never will. A bit of a bizzare choice for plowing imo but do as you will.

One thing to consider with the KM3 is the thick bead that measures around .690" which is about 3/16" thicker than "normal". That bead is too thick to use on stock rims properly. They were also too thick to use on my Fuel beadlocks, so I had to make my own spacers for them to work.

If you get your heart set on KM3's I suggest going with Method or Raceline beadlocks. Both of those companies make beadlock spacers for tires that have thicker beads. Or any other company that makes spacers for their wheels.

·
Premium Member
X3 XRS R Triple Black
1,549 Posts
All three are Great tires I’m running M1 Evils on my RS only downfall is the lungs throw rocks all over so get some nets

Consider 15 inch wheels regardless of the tire size more clearance around the break roter and wheel hub will aid in rocks and mud buildup

Side X Each pointed out on the BFG have some unique issues but solvable

This topic has been discussed several times try searching the board for everyone’s replies

Lets us know your outcome

·
Premium Member
12,707 Posts
Tensors!

·
Official Site Vendor
8,421 Posts
New to this site, so sorry if this has been talked about. I have tried searching the internet with only finding a few reviews but not much. I am looking at upgrading the tires to my 2021 X3 Max RS Turbo RR to a 30X10R14. I do not want to go up to a 32 because I did not want to possibly have to deal with any clutching issues. I am located in North Dakota so most of the riding is section lines, gravel roads, concrete, asphalt, ice and snow. This machine will also be used with a snow plow in the winter to clear my property.

These are the three tires I have narrowed it down to.
1) Kanti Mongols
2) Tensor Regulator
3) BF Goodrich KM3

I have ran the Mongols on my last two machines which were a 2016 RZR Turbo and a 2019 X3 RC Turbo R.

I like they way the Mongols ran on the RZR, but disliked them on the X3. Reasons I dislike them on the X3 was tires seemed to break loose on trails and almost felt like riding on ice. The other reason was when I used the machine to plow snow the X3 seemed like it could not get the traction to push the large amounts of snow like the RZR did. Ran the tires around 14 to 20 PSI. Both machines I ran tires with Tusk beadlocks. The new ones I go with will be ran with Fuel or Tusk beadlocks.

I have Tensors or BFG. Let me know if you pick one of those and I can hook you up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I switched to KM3's a couple months ago and love them. Definitely sticky tires on hard pack and seem to be wearing quite well. Good on rocks, better than I thought they would be in mud. But can't speak for snow performance. Nor have I ever plowed with my X3 and never will. A bit of a bizzare choice for plowing imo but do as you will.

One thing to consider with the KM3 is the thick bead that measures around .690" which is about 3/16" thicker than "normal". That bead is too thick to use on stock rims properly. They were also too thick to use on my Fuel beadlocks, so I had to make my own spacers for them to work.

If you get your heart set on KM3's I suggest going with Method or Raceline beadlocks. Both of those companies make beadlock spacers for tires that have thicker beads. Or any other company that makes spacers for their wheels.
Thank you for the info. Didn't realize the side walls would be a pain with the other beadlocks.

Well our driveway is 40 feet wide and 60 feet long. In one weekend we could get a few inches of snow up to several feet with 40 mph plus winds and sub zero Temps. So I had to go with the machine that has the most power to move large amounts of snow at least that's was my excuse to the wifey ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All three are Great tires I’m running M1 Evils on my RS only downfall is the lungs throw rocks all over so get some nets

Consider 15 inch wheels regardless of the tire size more clearance around the break roter and wheel hub will aid in rocks and mud buildup

Side X Each pointed out on the BFG have some unique issues but solvable

This topic has been discussed several times try searching the board for everyone’s replies

Lets us know your outcome

View attachment 270855
Yeah when I used that search it keeps bringing up pages of things that had nothing to do with the info I was looking for. Need to get more familiar with it lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts