Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering if the Turnkey Race air intake is the way to go (MADE IN USA love that) also dont know if i decide to go that rout if i can still purchase the CVT STM Housing blower along with the race intake? Is that even a good idea or over kill thought ideas suggestions...? bring on the $0.02

·
Registered
680 Posts
The stm cvt blower goes on the clutch intake, not the intake to the engine. The turkey intake is a nice product, I like mine and would buy it again.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm confused. The blower goes on your cvt intake to keep your belt cool. Turnkey intake replaces your stock engine air intake and filter. Are you gonna try to put the cvt blower on your engine intake? If not, then it would be fine to do both.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The stm cvt blower goes on the clutch intake, not the intake to the engine. The turkey intake is a nice product, I like mine and would buy it again.
Love mine also

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I'm confused. The blower goes on your cvt intake to keep your belt cool. Turnkey intake replaces your stock engine air intake and filter. Are you gonna try to put the cvt blower on your engine intake? If not, then it would be fine to do both.
Redneck turbo? might have better luck with a leaf blower...:haha:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
TurnKey utv posted dyno results on FB , showing 2hp wheel gain and it is pretty nice built in US,

the air raid is nice , its a plastic I think ? and u need to cut a hole in your hood , and ya prolly made china ?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have the TK race intake and like it a lot......improved throttle response on and off of throttle and a throaty sound.......as everyone else has said, the CVT blower is for the clutches, not the intake.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know they are two diff things I just didn't know if it's worth installing both? And the turnkey takes air from inside cab I wasn't sure it that interfered with the installation of each other. I'm sold on the turnkey now esp if it gives proven hp should go along great with my new clutches cvtech/STM a cat delete and reflash

·
Registered
207 Posts
Anyone seen or had experience with the OMC intake? There claiming dyno proven 7rwhp with there intake a fuel controller
What's OMC? Never heard of them? My googler must be broken...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Usually what is claimed vs what is actual is 2 different things.

Reactions: dheard

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I talked to the AirRaid guys at the Lucas Truck races last month and they have 2 options, One is like you said where you cut a hole in the hood and draws air direct plus it has a prefilter option. The other is the same air box but low profile so you don't have to cut the hood and there is no Pre filter option.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I scored on my turnkey intake in Black Friday! That's the only reason I did it.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts