Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was bored today and have been putting offf replacing the belt on my T4. I finally decided to just get it done. To my suprise it was very easy, no special tools needed.

what i found is the primary shaft is supported by the cover and its splinned!!!! Why in the eff didnt BRP follow this standard?

it would have made things alot better.

pics for you enjoyment. btw the primary is on the right.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
did u say ur doing a t-rex clutch conversion ? lol

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did u say ur doing a t-rex clutch conversion ? lol
i might have to. Dealer says no parts came in today, i will have to wait till tuesday to find out where they are at. Leaving thursday evening for Glamis, it would suck ass not to have my Maverick.

·
Registered
998 Posts
they might have a new fix coming soon, dealers may not be doing the old fix because of a new one coming soon maybe?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Wishful thinking, but I remember seeing a post by airdam that some can am guys was out in the field coming up with a new fix. Hopefully we might see something or hear something soon!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
So you dropped your Maverick off last Friday, for a little recall, and you still don't have it back! Bummer!
Exactly why I DIDN"T take mine to the dealer. They have been waiting for almost 2 weeks to get the recall kits in. I was supposed to check back with them today but forgot. I'll call them again on Monday. BRP really dropped the ball on this one...

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i might have to. Dealer says no parts came in today, i will have to wait till tuesday to find out where they are at. Leaving thursday evening for Glamis, it would suck ass not to have my Maverick.
edit--

i forgot ur bolt was stuck or they broke it off?

i was gonna say go pick it up if its fine, just needing recall,

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly why I DIDN"T take mine to the dealer. They have been waiting for almost 2 weeks to get the recall kits in. I was supposed to check back with them today but forgot. I'll call them again on Monday. BRP really dropped the ball on this one...
i was sent a certified letter and they had the recall parts waiting for me when i got there.

edit--

i forgot ur bolt was stuck or they broke it off?

i was gonna say go pick it up if its fine, just needing recall,
they had a hard time removing the bolt and damaged the inner primary clutch sheeve, they had to order parts.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Wishful thinking, but I remember seeing a post by airdam that some can am guys was out in the field coming up with a new fix. Hopefully we might see something or hear something soon!
Please don't mess with my emotions. lol

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
i was sent a certified letter and they had the recall parts waiting for me when i got there.

they had a hard time removing the bolt and damaged the inner primary clutch sheeve, they had to order parts.
I just heard from Adam thismorning. He has my clutch done and will ship it on Monday. I can bring my OEM clutch with me if you want. We won't be there till probably 3-4 am Friday.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Yeppers...Adam's been slammed hard with the Mud Nats coming and all, got my clutch finish up today and will ship it Mon. Right now everything is tore apart and ready for the install. Big thumbs up to Airdam/ Adam for putting in the extra time to get orders out. I'm gunna go hook up my guages since it's already all opened up. That'll keep me occupied for a while.:big smile:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts