Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
We have a stock X3 with a Evo Stage 4 tune that I would like to run against some of these cars people say are so unbeatable. I would like to have a shootout to see who's shit really works.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I have a customer with a WS200 tuned car that I'm sure would be more than happy to line up with a Stage 4rwi or x100. He switched from the Evo stage 4 X100 tune and his whalen setup is stronger than the Evo. We are having to add some weight to the clutch now to pull rpm's back in check. P.S. Whalen shit really works.

Registered
We have a stock X3 with a Evo Stage 4 tune that I would like to run against some of these cars people say are so unbeatable. I would like to have a shootout to see who's shit really works.

I have a customer with a WS200 tuned car that I'm sure would be more than happy to line up with a Stage 4rwi or x100. He switched from the Evo stage 4 X100 tune and his whalen setup is stronger than the Evo. We are having to add some weight to the clutch now to pull rpm's back in check. P.S. Whalen shit really works.
Okay... I think we may have a need here. 馃榿
What a better challenge to video post here for the peeps!

Registered
We need draggy times before and after each respective tune on the street to keep the variables as close as possible.. I personally run the EVO Tunes and they not only run well under full throttle but excellent drive ability on the trails and rock climbing.

We need draggy times before and after each respective tune on the street to keep the variables as close as possible.. I personally run the EVO Tunes and they not only run well under full throttle but excellent drive ability on the trails and rock climbing.
Agree. But I don't need a Draggy to tell me I'm quicker/making more power if I'm having to add weight to the clutch to keep rpm's down. Nothing against Evo, they have quick cars for sure and I have ran their tunes on a few machines. My point is that there is another company that could possibly be just as good or maybe better out there. But some just can't stand the idea that anyone else might be just as good. Competition is good for the industry, we all benefit from it.

Registered
Agree. But I don't need a Draggy to tell me I'm quicker/making more power if I'm having to add weight to the clutch to keep rpm's down. Nothing against Evo, they have quick cars for sure and I have ran their tunes on a few machines. My point is that there is another company that could possibly be just as good or maybe better out there. But some just can't stand the idea that anyone else might be just as good. Competition is good for the industry, we all benefit from it.
I understand what your observations are. But there really is no quantifiable way to see without using something to measure performance. In my days of racing there were plenty of times the car felt faster or pulled harder only to find out it wasn't a significant improvement. The track was my proving ground. That weeded out the dyno queens real quick and a timeslip validated how much power the car made.

To speak to your point. Whalen is another great option. Competition will always drive innovation and end consumers will benefit. I could race plenty of other machines but racing my machine is a sum of all the modifications I've applied to it. The variables are to great in order to just compare tunes.

Vendor
X3 Max RS
And changes weights doesn鈥檛 mean it making more power if the clutch/weights were wrong before...

Registered
Where does he ride

Premium Member
Be very careful what you wish for. 馃ぃ

so true, Warlock when you setting this up? Can we do it in our nick of the woods since glamis is 100 degrees already? love to see that car up here in August against our groups lineup regardless of brand of tune as we have every flavor covered.

tires selection, roll out, PSI, better clutching, lighter driver, power to weight etc... can always sneak up and beat a car with more HP

Registered
Yes, actually it wouldn't even be probable for accurate results unless you had identical machine set up, weight etc.
Best way would to run same machine with the different set ups.

Registered
Just go with the tune from the company you feel comfortable with. Either one is going to be fine. Just remember anything over the stock tune is better and makes driving the X3 way more fun.

Registered
I have an 18 with EVO stage 5 E85 clutch springs and weights with launch control. It is crazy quick.

Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
When looking for gas I go with rec fuel, 89-91. It usually test out at 95-96 octane. Be sure to ask the owner what the last test came back as. I got 2 sources I use regularly.

Registered
I would be hesitant to do business with anyone who partners up with the thiefs at KWI!
Had Kris himself do my clutch at Glamis broke two belts and a brand newclutch housing in less than 150 miles, nothing but excuses from KWI and the biggest run around ever I finally gave up Not worth all the frustration biggest waste of money ever.
Paid my dealer to put it back to stock my dealer found broken sliders and worn out supposedly brand new parts that were just installed by KWI, no issues after that.

Registered
I am thinking about dropping some of my stimulus coin on a 91 octane tune. Which one of the tunes are better Whalen or EVO? They both look comparable and the price seems around the same. Thanks, D.
I鈥檓 using the Evo xmap tuner in my 2020 Xrc rr Comes with 3 tunes including your stock tune. Running stage 3 91 octane flash.

Registered
so true, Warlock when you setting this up? Can we do it in our nick of the woods since glamis is 100 degrees already? love to see that car up here in August against our groups lineup regardless of brand of tune as we have every flavor covered.

tires selection, roll out, PSI, better clutching, lighter driver, power to weight etc... can always sneak up and beat a car with more HP
When do you guys go. Are you all going to St Anthony.

Registered
I'm just looking to have some fun and see.what some of these peoples cars can or can't do I guess..lotta talk about how bad ass theses tuners are so let's see it. We just have a stock car with stock Turbo Evo Tune on race gas. Nothing crazy just a regular guys car like everyone's car off the showroom floor.

Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
No clue what your talkin bout. Rec fuel???
Recreational fuel also known as ethanol free. Primarily sold for boats in the boat fuel areas. Also can have it delivered for work job sites.

Just looked it up. Assumed it was available everywhere. Looks like Michigan has way more available then any other state.

I鈥檝e been running 95 octane eth free in our play toys for years. We have a 350 tank at the cabin we have filled. Notice a big difference in my truck when I do fill up with it.

Biggest benefit is no winter storage prep ( no corrosion or gumming) I have never drained or fogged anything with rec fuel in it.

Point was if you see rec or ethanol free labeled at 89-91 it鈥檚 probably 93-96.

Now I鈥檓 wondering where the rest of you find high octane at. I know 93 from the pump is trash and costing you some performance.

Registered
rec fuel is big in the boat sales because boats usually have aluminum fuel tanks and aluminum carbs
ethanol does eat bare aluminum, all modern autos use plastic or steel fuel systems
last if your octane tester reads rec 89 at 95 throw it in the trash

21 - 40 of 60 Posts