Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A stock maverick with a snorkel kit can go through 4 ft of water... but the amp on the glove box and and the radio on the dash didn't make out so well.

Any how... time to glass a custom roof with 8 in rockford fosgates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
That take big balls to take a$20,000 machine into water like that snorkel kit or not..crazy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Off-Road Forums mobile app

·
Registered
230 Posts
Still don't understand why swamping a machine is cool ?

From ' The Land Down Under ' .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well... I was a little inebriated at the time. But I bought it to have fun in and that's exactly what I plan to do. If I break something I'll fix it. That's what insurance is for.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I would leave out the inebriated part when calling insurance.. just an fyi...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ah, don't bash him too hard on doing a little water ridding, heck a lot of people go through that phase, I know I did. Bought a brand new kawai Brute force 750, (not $20k but still a lot of money for a young guy at the time) snorkel, lift and mud tire it. Every time I rode that's all I looked for deep mud or water haha!! Now all I do is try to drive around water or mud lol! Cool pics, but looks like your ready for a lift and some mudder's on that thing!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
don't try that with a non-snorkeled maverick and you will be making a insurance claim in the morning!

·
Registered
415 Posts
by the way, what size tires and lift you got??

·
Registered
668 Posts
Haha good times. i know people dont understand mud riding but its just a southern thing. Go to any real mud park and watch what people do with these machines. But ................ its their money $$$$$$$$$.

Reactions: MUD_DYNASTY

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'll take the mud and water over the sand any day. But I also try real hard not to swamp anything...not always that lucky though

·
Registered
244 Posts
First day I got my Mav sucked in water motor locked up pulled the plugs shot out the water changed oil filter and oil a couple times 1000 miles later no motor problems still. I bought it to abuse it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yep, mud life, its a southern thing we love, if you sand boys ever want to try it let us know!! you all will be hooked, its a whole different world down here! you can see the real power of the maverick torq wise!

·
Registered
668 Posts
First day I got my Mav sucked in water motor locked up pulled the plugs shot out the water changed oil filter and oil a couple times 1000 miles later no motor problems still. I bought it to abuse it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HAHA lucky sob

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No lift. Stock tires. Really been debating on what tires to get. Thinking about 30 inch zillas. I don't want anything too aggressive but still a decent mud tire.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yeah zillas are great i recommend all wides but i feared they were to soft for the power of the mav. I could be wrong but i absolutely loved them on my rhino back in the day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts