Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somewhere, along the line, I burnt the sh!t out of my belt! im guessing when water got in my housing from the monsoons we had, and the maverick quite pulling after being parked for 2 weeks and it wouldn't pull when I finally got a chance to ride it, I guess I smoked the belt while it was wet. I drained a little water out, and took it in for first service and they found out my issue. so new belt. it was my fault I guess, I learned my leason on the third snorkel that the xmr kit has will let water in when u get 6" of rain in a day!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Park it in the garage or shop my friend.

Reactions: NotSure123

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, gonna keep it parked at my dealership! and put a cover over the 3rd factory snorkel when parked for sure!

·
Registered
400 Posts
cover em like they do planes on the tarmacs.... :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
could you make some kind of pre filter material and put it over the snorkel? It should just bead down and drip off shouldnt it?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
6" of rain in a day ??
thats like 4-1/2 years worth of rain out here - please send us some, we need it.
haha...same here.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
could you make some kind of pre filter material and put it over the snorkel? It should just bead down and drip off shouldnt it?
Its actually got the prefilter like material on it, but I see that its just for sand and debre, doesn't do much for water retention. I took it off, poored a bottle of water thru it,... put it this way... the water went down bout like me and a bottle of beer, didn't take long!

the screen is just that a screen for sand and debre , not water. as much rain as we got that day, its not that bad of a idea they have, or it would have been a full belt housing of water! the other factory xmr snorkels are turned down, they are safe, its just the one that come up strait up behind the driver seat.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another thing I did notice, the audioformz roof design kinda helped the water get there. when I store the mav on the trailer, I noticed it is kinda tilted back with the jack left up. water runs off the edge of the roof directly above the snorkel. I mean pours perfectly on top of it

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
6" of rain in a day ??
thats like 4-1/2 years worth of rain out here - please send us some, we need it.
No doubt we need it in SoCal.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well they are saying we have extreme high chances of dangerous tornadoes coming here in Mississippi tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday, with a chance of rain totals of 10" or more.... forbes and all the tornado chasers are lining up to chase here!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I hope you are all safe! Up here in Idaho we don't have tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes......hell, we barely have any lightening.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Heavy,We are planning a ride tomorrow over by Kingston up Bumble bee see how high we can get before we get stuck In snow!
yea, we got snow all week above 5K feet.....some of the ski resorts are still open down here...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Doesn't take much rain to get in there just happened to me also. And I bet we didn't have but an inch or so Thursday nite. Got to camp Friday morning went to move off trailer and it barely moved . Took drain plug out and let her run and dry out. Bad design on that part for sure

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
seen those jschmidt3, may give it a try

·
Registered
727 Posts
I had my Maverick XRS 2 seat in for the 10 hour service, clutch and starter recall a few months ago then it set in my garage until last Fri. I took it out for the weekend and Sat. drove on logging roads. It sat out in the rain Saturday night. On Sunday when I started it it would barely move. I knew it was water in the clutch. I wonder if the dealer left something undone because it has set in the rain before with no problems. At the dealer they are setting out in the rain all the time. I had only been through small mud puddles, maybe 2" deep.
Of coarse during the down time I had installed full skids, UTV, that don't have access to the CV drain. So now I am removing the skids and cut out areas so I can drain the CV cover and access CV cover bolts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts