Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I put money down on an xxc but now wondering if I did the right thing... would a xrs be better? Can u get offset wheels for the xrs to make narrower?? I would like the narrow 60 for tight trails but would like the longer travel the xrs has.... just would like your thoughts.. thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the base mav and I ride a lot trails that were all made for wheelers and I get through them and I would think you could get offset rims.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The off set for the Mav's is already as narrow as it can be. So I think the answer is no it can't be narrowed any more. Most guys get offset rims to widen the car, so that's how the rims are made. Factory rims are usually as narrow as possible.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I thought someone on here said the commander rims brought it to 60" wide, must've been seeing things lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I thought someone on here said the commander rims brought it to 60" wide, must've been seeing things lol
Maybe 1/2" per side but I doubt more than that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I sent an e-mail to omf awhile back for price. I must have deleted it, but think they quoted me a price of $600 per wheel. I know they were out of my price range for now.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I stand corrected , however 1" each side still won't make a Mav 60".

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Yes

To be able to race in gncc u can only be 60'' wide

that's why can am made this xxc model for that reason

until then people were getting wheels with a super narrow offset , and it was making the maverick 60'' - so they could race in the gncc

so the answer is YES u can buy wheels to make the xrs model 60'' wide - but I heard there not cheap so far

HunterMillerTORN413.jpg 1002229_10151470794736921_363101297_n.jpg 04-matt-rowell-can-am-maverick-1000r-sxs-utv-brp.jpg

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
You are just wanting to be narrower for trails or are you trying to race?
The XRS will fit on most trails like it is

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will just be trail riding... some fun in the sand pits now and then. But some of are trails are tight is all...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts