Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys make house calls for installation? ;) Actually looking forward to seeing how well it works. I've seen the video, any cheats or tips? Design Material property

·
Registered
156 Posts
Pretty straight forward and easy to follow directions. When you go to take out the stock shaft just pull out on the steering wheel. That was my only hang up.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Make sure you out the bolts in the right way. I accidentally put one if them in backwards and it was rubbing on the knuckle on the top steering shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Make sure you tighten all the bolts when done I forgot the ones that hold the motor on found out on the first trip tho..lol your going to love how easy it steers

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Off-Road Forums mobile app

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Lucky man. I want PS for next season

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
assemble everything loose and then position the motor assy so that the shaft passes directly thru the small hole in the rubber on the firewall, then start by tightening the motor mounting plate bolts. Then make sure all of the bolts on the shafts are tightened down.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Lucky man. I want PS for next season
I guess I am one of the rare few folks who weren't amazed by it. Don't get me wrong, I do like it but didn't mind not having it either.....in some situations, it is to sensitive to me......but I am getting used to it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I put a switch on mine for those kinds of conditions.

I guess I am one of the rare few folks who weren't amazed by it. Don't get me wrong, I do like it but didn't mind not having it either.....in some situations, it is to sensitive to me......but I am getting used to it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
To me at speed, like when your WOT it tends to feel like the car is walking all over the road. Could just be me though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
557 Posts
Cummings,wait what? you put a switch on your steering that turns it off? Is that not hard on the powersteering unit itself? This Is one reason I havent opted for power yet!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea, I hadn't thought about that.....it should have no effect on the motor when powered of since the motor isn't designed with a motor brake or anything.....how much steering input is needed when it is off at speed?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It would be nice to have when riding in hard packed dirt ruts or rocky terrain lke Superstition Mtn. In the dunes no biggy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts