Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some STI HD3's and 30 inch roctanes. I vowed I'd never buy bigger tires, hopefully I won't see a huge difference in stability being up higher, which is my only concern. Anyone have roctanes out there? How do you like them? I wanted an 8 ply tire, we ride on a lot of hard trails and I've seen too many rocks take others out of action. Hoping the tires work out for the best.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I really like the Mongrel. Don't know much about the roctanes other than they are heavy! Let us know how you like them

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mongrels are back-ordered, and Rocktanes weigh about the same...so I decided to give them a go. Will advise.

Edit: You are correct, they are a bit over 3 pounds more heavy a tire. Oh well, I have a cat delete right? =)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If you lose any performance with the bigger tires, get yourself at least a clutch kit to help out.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's on the radar to be done. Power steering is next though, I got my thumb peeled back to my wrist once last year, so not interested in repeating that. Thank you desert.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Roctanes are an excellent tire was going to buy them but went with blackwaters instead

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Have two rear roctane tires 2 months old 26 /11/12 they won't stop leaking around the bead inside and out emailed the manufacturer and sent pics Of the bead area Waiting on a responds back I put my bh1 tires back on and no leaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
We have done quite a bit of testing with the Rocktane XD tires and love them. They have a super tough sidewall plus they ride extremely good. I believe you will fine they have excellent lateral grip.

Let us know your opinion when you get them out.
Are those little tits on the bead normal? There all the way around the bead area
Some are 1/8 tall

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I have taking the tires off three times to make sure the rim and tire beads are spot less Still leaking all the way around the rim Thanks for sending that pic

·
Registered
395 Posts
I know you shouldn't have too, but I have sealed many tires this way. Apply a thin coat of grease around both beads. I've never seen this not work, Only if they won't make them good. I've done this even on my race tires, never had one to pop off the bead. It really helps them seal.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I would have shaved them tits down a little
the grease or dish soap idea works for me

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have 350 miles on my rocktanes. Love them. Awesome grip. I have clutches, did not notice h.p. loss. image.jpg

·
Registered
446 Posts
Have two rear roctane tires 2 months old 26 /11/12 they won't stop leaking around the bead inside and out emailed the manufacturer and sent pics Of the bead area Waiting on a responds back I put my bh1 tires back on and no leaks

Have a buddy that his are doing same thing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have 28-10-14 rocktanes with hd3 wheels on the way , will be here middle of next week and will let u know how they do!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have taking the tires off three times to make sure the rim and tire beads are spot less Still leaking all the way around the rim Thanks for sending that pic

My buddy got his replaced that was leaking from sti. It has started leaking through the side wall and one other has started now also. He bought them through rockymountainatv and they are sending him replacements this time. Gotta be something up with these tires.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
if it is intact leaking thru the tire walls and you don't want to hassle with sending them back, you can use a tubeless tire sealant like Stans no tube that is the big thing now on bicycles to save weight by eliminating the tubes.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts