Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LOL! I knew my 17 XMR had not had a nice life before I got it - that was why I paid what I did for it! I knew the toe in was probably off since it liked to wander anytime it got over about 40 MPH. Hit it with my new toe plates and sure enough, it was off quite a bit and one tie rod was bent!! While I was at it I measured the tow in back and found a radius arm bent as well - holy shizen!!
Ordered new from Super ATV to replace the factory crap and waited for the FedEx truck. Installation was really pretty easy and the new parts were MUCH better than original flimsy crap. Set the toe in front with the wheel straight to 1/4" in, strung it to set the drivers side radius arm even with the front tire and used toe plates to set rear toe to 0. Now drives MUCH better!! Happy July 4th to me! LOL
I think these will be much stronger than the ones in the trash!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Happy 4th to ya looks like a nice job you did ,enjoy

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
"Only beaten on Sunday's " ....

Good thing you've gotten to know your car, great suggestion for all. I've been following your journey, good work !!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks man - beadlocks went on Saturday and now it's time for round 2 in the Arkansas woods. Leaving tomorrow for Clarksville and the Mulberry area. Steering wheel straight, doesn't get squirley over 40 MPH, belt temp gauge working fine and ready to outrun both my sons!!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts