Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and put a deposit on a red black and white 2014 XRS DPS last night. Will go sign the papers when there isn't 4 feet of snow on the ground.

Thanks to all the members that posted their opinions between the XRS and XMR, you guys were a big help in my decision :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Grats on the new rig. Don't forget to pick up some tie rods and extra gas!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grats on the new rig. Don't forget to pick up some tie rods and extra gas!
Oh yeah, I've been looking at where I can get tie rods here in Canada. Just trying to figure out which accessories I should get with the unit from Can Am and what I should buy elsewhere.

Probably won't be till April that I pick it up, we'll have snow till May but at least I'll be able to ride through it then

·
Registered
286 Posts
Congratulations on your new rig. Sucks that you will have to wait to ride! I would be in the garage pretending making vroom vroom noises.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha, I already do that with my YFZ450, I'm already starting to twitch like a crackhead jonesing for a braap fix haha. I figure there's not much point to taking it home now and let the warranty tick away while it's not getting used. At least this way I can build a sizable down payment for when the time comes to throw at it when I sign the papers.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
haha, I already do that with my YFZ450, I'm already starting to twitch like a crackhead jonesing for a braap fix haha. I figure there's not much point to taking it home now and let the warranty tick away while it's not getting used. At least this way I can build a sizable down payment for when the time comes to throw at it when I sign the papers.
I hear the maverick is faster then a 450 quad , maybe u can race em for us , lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
Oh yeah, I've been looking at where I can get tie rods here in Canada. Just trying to figure out which accessories I should get with the unit from Can Am and what I should buy elsewhere.

Probably won't be till April that I pick it up, we'll have snow till May but at least I'll be able to ride through it then
I would hit up AReed from the forums. His website is http://www.carolinatruggies.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=300 .... Allot of the guys on here like his products and he is super nice guy to work with.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
congrats, but now the real hard part starts......waiting to pick it up!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear the maverick is faster then a 450 quad , maybe u can race em for us , lol
I'm quite tempted to see. Not a lot can touch me without mods, and my main 450 though isn't done right out she is snappy with the few mods it does have.

I would hit up AReed from the forums. His website is http://www.carolinatruggies.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=300 .... Allot of the guys on here like his products and he is super nice guy to work with.
I'll check him out. Thanks for that

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have that same machine and you will love it. But question.....

Why the hell didn't you buy a snowmobile?????

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have that same machine and you will love it. But question.....

Why the hell didn't you buy a snowmobile?????
Never riden a sled, been quadding for years and has always been a passion of mine so it was my obvious first choice. Also I have a real hard time justifying spending that much money on something that season restricted. Also I work oilfield and winter is the busy season.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. I dealt for mine about 6 weeks before Can Am released them. It drove me nuts. I have had it 3 weeks and have around 500 miles on it already, can not stand to let it sit.

But we all know the all Red ones are the fastest!!! lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
my friends big bore yfz was faster then my maverick on dirt

·
Registered
367 Posts
My yfz490 would walk my maverick all day,every day.

Congrats on the new purchase!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts