Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone welded the front visco lock? It appears my QE has taken a dump and the dealer is more then a month behind. My maverick has already been in the shop 90% of the time I've owned it so I'm tempted to just weld it so I can ride.

How do you think it will effect handling? My thoughts are in 2 wheel drive it would handle like a rzr in 2 wheel drive as they are a locked front differential correct? I know we don't have the demand drive 4x4 system the polaris does, so the locked front diff might negatively effect handling when in 4x4. To clarify I think my wleded diff in 2wd would handle just like a rzr in 2wd. I'm not concerned with running high speed in 4x4 all my high speed trail riding and dunning is done in 2wd. If it pushes some in the mud in 4x4 when trying to turn I don't care. I have a dps model to so hopefully the sterring shouldn't be to bad. My rzr didn't have PS and it didn't bother me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No, rzrs electronically lock... It will handle like shit

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
RZR's use a hillard clutch to lock the front drive shaft to the diff this is how they engage 4wd is my understanding. The front differential it's self is locked side to side.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
there is a guy on here who makes a front locking diff , manual lock to , should be out soon

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen that and can't wait till its ready. After looking at the diff and visco assembly I think they didn't fully install my axle passenger axle into the diff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts