Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GoPro Mounted on the Nose of my Maverick, Listen to the odd sounds it Picked up.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sounds like gear case or diff bearing noise. Not good. Does it do it in both 2WD and 4WD? Start by draining the oil from front & rear diffs and gear case. Look at it closely. Any metallic content or chunks in there? If so, you'll be looking at some major repairs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh. I was thinking the same thing. Not sure about if it does it in 2WD, I need to go through the rest of my video. It is a 2013 Unit with 15 Hours on it. I think not only is it going in for it's 10 hour service but I think it needs the front end looked at BIG Time !!! Now I'm Curious if I can hear it in my other Videos, I always mount the GoPro on the nose cross bar. When I edit the Video's I cut out the sound, so I have never listened to it.
Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Electronic can amplify noises like this but I agree drains fluids & check for metal. Second note, I really need to check out Gorman as I'm about the same distance you are from Gorman. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Can you hear it when you are driving? If not, I would not be too concerned with it......I mount my GoPro on my harness bar between my seats and it picks up the rear diff howling too but I can't hear it when I am driving and haven't had any problems......The mic on a GoPro is on the back so you are picking up the sound from the front diff just about a foot away....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think what I'll do is bring in this video Clip when I bring it in for service and see what they say about it. I'm not that experienced with a small diff like this. If this was my Truck I would be tearing into it but quick.. It is just over it's 10 hour so I will see what the dealer has to say about it.. Better to be say than broke down in the middle of no where. If you like a good mix of riding, then Gorman is a great place to ride. But as in most SoCal areas your going to have to watch out for many other vehicles running around.. I love riding out there.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Most I've heard sound like this in 4wd. Granted not as amplified but given where the mic is it's considerably more pronounced. Shouldn't do it in 2wd.

Here's a vid of mine doing the same thing. Listen as in 2wd foe the first half of the video you don't hear it. Then at 1:07 I put it in 4wd and you hear it.
Can Am Maverick ripping it up.:

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Yeah that sounds like normal driveline noise to me. Mine does the same

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine made a similar noise when in 4 wheel drive. I was told it was normal until they did the 10 hr service and found out that there was no fluid in the frt dif. There was no sign of any leakage. Someone failed to put the fluid in. Dealer replaced it under warranty at a cost of over 2k dollars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts