Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys ditching the metal wear plate that go on the outside of the suspension bushings?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have left mine on....why would you not want them? They are they for a reason...

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just asking, I've worked on alot of four wheelers and full size buggies and have never seen them before. They are a pain in the @ss when your reassembling your suspension.
Pat

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I am guessing if you remove them you will see much more wear from the bushings and develop slop in the joints....

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think you would get more side to side flex in the bushing without them,
They would possibly aid in retaining grease in the joint.

Sorry to high jack , but which grease are you'll running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think you would get more side to side flex in the bushing without them,
They would possibly aid in retaining grease in the joint.

Sorry to high jack , but which grease are you'll running.

Don't tell anyone but I had a few tubes of Polaris suspension grease laying around so I used it the last time I greased everything....:cool2: Any good marine grade grease with a high temperature rating should be fine. It is more about keeping fresh grease in the joints. You can't grease too much!

·
Registered
231 Posts
That is sooo true sleds,
I am always using earthmoving machinery for work,I always use a moly based grease,but that is for metal bushings.

Marine grease hey,good call.

Was worried about the nolathane or what ever it is bush being degraded by using wrong grease.
Have used a lithium based grease with excellant results on machinery, hangs in there soooo good,
If you put your finger in it it will string out a mile, really good shit for sustainability.
Don't know if it'd fk the plastic or whatever bushes though.
For metal to metal applications, I have found a lithium based moly grease is unbeatable.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oh , Sleds,
Don't care what brand, I'd use dog shit if it worked the best ,lol.
Hmmm maybe not ?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Oh , Sleds,
Don't care what brand, I'd use dog shit if it worked the best ,lol.
Hmmm maybe not 

haha....I might draw the line there :shocked:

That is sooo true sleds,
I am always using earthmoving machinery for work,I always use a moly based grease,but that is for metal bushings.

Marine grease hey,good call.

Was worried about the nolathane or what ever it is bush being degraded by using wrong grease.
Have used a lithium based grease with excellant results on machinery, hangs in there soooo good,
If you put your finger in it it will string out a mile, really good shit for sustainability.
Don't know if it'd fk the plastic or whatever bushes though.
For metal to metal applications, I have found a lithium based moly grease is unbeatable.

I think you can spend money on high end greases but I hit the zerks with the gun almost every other ride so the grease isn't staying in there too long so I am not too worried about using the best of the best. If the bushings wear out, I will upgrade them with the Delrin bushings and be done with it...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yea good call.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts