1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
where is that?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
ouch! Do you have PS and what kind of driving do you do?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
hmmm....well that isn't good to hear. How many miles do you have on it.....any chance of getting if fixed under warranty?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
must of hit something just right !

only a hand full of racks broke and most from racers

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I would bring it in with stock suspension and tires and ask for sure

gear one is making a rack call them so they know theres interest we all keep calling to get them on the ball ! lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think it depends on the dealer and the overall condition of your machine......if it doesn't look abused, I would think (hope) that my dealership would cover it as a defective component. Are you running OEM tie rods? If not, you may want to throw them on before you take it to the dealer so they can use that as an excuse....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yes stock tie rods on to lol 4got that

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought it less than a year ago. But I have solid 6061 tie rod on it as well. I dont think they'll warranty it.:money:

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The dealer knows I went to glamis too. So if I put the stock tie rods back on and take it in?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you never know until you try......maybe just call the service dept. and discuss with the svc manager and see if he thinks it's something that might be covered before you even take the time to bring it in or swap out components.....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
he might be talking about a steering rack cradle like a guy was making for the rhinos years ago best thing around - but yes holz has a rack plate stiffener , I have one !

1 - 20 of 33 Posts