Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive owned a Mav now for a week. Havent ridden it but am getting ready for a big trip to the dunes in a month...

What are the weak links? I read alot about tie rods, belts, clutches etc....

What should a guy pack with him when he heads out for a week at a time to camp and ride?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Tie rods, radius rods and a gusset kit pretty much get you bullet proof besides the clutch issues that have gotten better.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Seats.....the stock quick release seats will not stay locked in place in the event of a crash or roll over . Unfortunately, we have several forum members who have experienced this first hand. I highly recommend above all ofther mods that you buy a harness bar and some 4 or 5 point harnesses. You will be glad that you did......after that, Alex has pretty much summed it up......

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So tell me about these gusset kits? I will probably get tie rods and radius rods just to have spares but havnt heard about gusset's..

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
What should a guy pack with him when he heads out for a week at a time to camp and ride?[/QUOTE]

Make sure you pack a tow rope. . . . .lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seats.....the stock quick release seats will not stay locked in place in the event of a crash or roll over . Unfortunately, we have several forum members who have experienced this first hand. I highly recommend above all ofther mods that you buy a harness bar and some 4 or 5 point harnesses. You will be glad that you did......after that, Alex has pretty much summed it up......
First thing I ordered were the bar and harnesse's..

Big hits can tweak the frame. Gusset kit stops that from happening. We have them on special for October, tie rods with purchase of a gusset kit get free shipping.

http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/41-ct-racing/2352-ct-replacement-tie-rods.html
http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/41-ct-racing/2353-ct-front-gussets.html
Thnaks for the heads up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts