Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im thinking the a-arm bushing are going to need to be upgraded possibly,

2 of mine in the rear are already effected by the heat of the exhaust i think ,

BUT , now i see one arm in the upper driver front a lil off , im thinking there way to soft and need to be flanged to keep the bushing from slipping into the a-arm,

who can we get to make us sum bullet proof bushing's ?

also that metal thing thats connected from side to side broke and scratched the a-arm !

http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/7-general-maverick-discussions/738-whats-causing-arm-mount-problem.html

r.jpg m.jpg a.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Put it in another post that maybe UTV Inc will make some Derlin bushings. Maybe more heat resistant...? I'm waiting on the Max so I won't bug them about this. Anyone won't to PM Johnny to see? I think they turn thier own bushings so it shouldn't be too bad $ wise if this is a good fix and the get a bunch of pre-orders.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
baby heat shield or some exhaust wrap

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats the best thing to make a heatshield out of ?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Thermotech would be an easy fix for the heat. It's self adhesive and could be wrapped around the tube the "A" arm bracket is welded to.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Heat shield that clamps onto the exhaust pipe (similar to what Muzzy uses) would be clean and simple

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thermotech would be an easy fix for the heat. It's self adhesive and could be wrapped around the tube the "A" arm bracket is welded to.
Yep this would be an easy quick fix but maybe not a permanent fix. A long term fix would be to remove the exhaust and wrap it or ceramic coat it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
photo (1).jpg
im thinking the a-arm bushing are going to need to be upgraded possibly,

2 of mine in the rear are already effected by the heat of the exhaust i think ,

BUT , now i see one arm in the upper driver front a lil off , im thinking there way to soft and need to be flanged to keep the bushing from slipping into the a-arm,

who can we get to make us sum bullet proof bushing's ?

also that metal thing thats connected from side to side broke and scratched the a-arm !

http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/7-general-maverick-discussions/738-whats-causing-arm-mount-problem.html

View attachment 750 View attachment 751 View attachment 752
I can make them i would need to know the size and all.. I have a few ideas...

this is one!

Temperature Range: -40° to 300° F
Tensile Strength: Excellent
Impact Strength: Good

With added Kevlar, this nylon stands up to applications requiring extreme wear resistance. it can last up to 20 times longer than unfilled nylon. It is used for parts under continual wear and abrasion, such as wear strips and bushings.

pm me for more details

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds like a good idea, after i get a answer from the dealer, i will get old parts and measure

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like Mega's Jet hot coating suggestion, it would have several other benefits too. but an arm with a heim instead of the bushing would do it

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like Mega's Jet hot coating suggestion, it would have several other benefits too. but an arm with a heim instead of the bushing would do it
can we add a heim to our current arms ?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anyone else having a bushing problem

does everones rear upper a-arm bushings look good ??

maybe i got a shitty bushing or two , lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
anyone else having a bushing problem

does everones rear upper a-arm bushings look good ??

maybe i got a shitty bushing or two , lol
Mine look pretty much the same as yours. One trip 8.5 hours 126 miles. Build date 1/13. I am in the process of taking it apart to wrap the exhaust.

Anyone have photos of their exhaust after wrapping?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Mine are in perfect shape!!! Oh yah i havent rode in weather above -5c. I dont think i can even smoke my belt in these temps?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine look pretty much the same as yours. One trip 8.5 hours 126 miles. Build date 1/13. I am in the process of taking it apart to wrap the exhaust.

Anyone have photos of their exhaust after wrapping?
ya im taking mine in next week for sum new bushings can-am covered, there just on order,

tell your dealer to tell can am so they know there more out there ! , and make them give u new ones, lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts