Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reactions: Clifs maverick

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
having sum hi temp super strong bushings being made now , we will see, from a member on here !

if anyone else wants some post in here !

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have some miles on mine now and have been feeling the bushings at stop points and they are not even warm?...East Coast with lots of water holes and Creek crossings maybe?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i drove 73 dune miles and this happen , i dont know if mine heated up or just smashed, but both sides by the exhaust are doing it !

and it was its first 100 miles still to so i was driving easy ,

and this happen

r.jpg m.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,474 Posts
I have some miles on mine now and have been feeling the bushings at stop points and they are not even warm?...East Coast with lots of water holes and Creek crossings maybe?
here on the Left coast we ride WFO all the time in the big ol' sandbox, which creates alot of heat near the bushings.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i drove 73 dune miles and this happen , i dont know if mine heated up or just smashed, but both sides by the exhaust are doing it !

and it was its first 100 miles still to so i was driving easy ,

and this happen

View attachment 981 View attachment 982
Whats odd is that if they were over heated and softened up, the forces applied to the rear Aarm would have forced the arm forward, not backward. Maybe too much time on the brakes (JK).

·
Premium Member
8,474 Posts
Whats odd is that if they were over heated and softened up, the forces applied to the rear Aarm would have forced the arm forward, not backward. Maybe too much time on the brakes (JK).
i bet you are right, i could see a red glow from his brake rotors. haha, slow ass Frank.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i bet you are right, i could see a red glow from his brake rotors. haha, slow ass Frank.
LOL

i was breaking her in nice and easy ! , lol

TUrns out can-am is taking care of all the bushing's on that side, !

but ima upgrade when a kit comes out !

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I ride damn near WFO all the time too.... We even get to do turns....LOL.. I couldn't imagine riding straight line flats most of the time.... I would love the clean up time you have tho..
What makes you think we drive flat, straight lines???

·
Registered
179 Posts
If I could make a few bucks I could prolly cut some down in a lathe... I just dont want to spend a ton of time manually cutting them down for people to come back and say its just a cheap plastic bushing why does it cost whatever it cost.... I have no idea what Delrine cost but I could look into it if there was enough interest.

Myron

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I don't...It was JK....Just not same terrain as on the Mtns of WV ... I do wish all I had to do was just give mine a quick spray and never get it scratched up....
True true...but believe me...I got a shitload of desert pinstripes on my Mav already. Sage brush and tumble weeds do a good number on your plastics...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts