Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure a few other will agree but I find the brakes on the mav a little weak. My rotors are warped and its starting to get on my nerves, I would like to see a vendor come up with something whether it be waved rotors or a better caliper or both.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol they might be 100X better than a rhino but compared to a xp they suck

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Are the brakes activated by that large pedal on the floor that is always in the way when I am pinning the skinny pedal to the floor? If so I rarely use them, the braking on the clutches do a good enough job. I found this out last weekend when I bent a caliper.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Are the brakes activated by that large pedal on the floor that is always in the way when I am pinning the skinny pedal to the floor? If so I rarely use them, the braking on the clutches do a good enough job. I found this out last weekend when I bent a caliper.
LOL. Yeah, I only use that thing when I'm about to ram the guy in front of me. No, but really, the factory brakes suck and they are embarrasing loud.

·
Registered
228 Posts
my brakes are great compared to my rzr 800

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I thought they were good too except for the occasional squeaking.

·
Registered
214 Posts
mine squeak non stop and very loud. Drives me crazy. Would spend the money to get new brakes/ system just to get rid of the squeaking. My buddies maverick does the same thing. Talked to a can am rep at Rally on the rocks and he said most do it and it's normal. Such a crock.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The brakes on my CanAm Outlander only squeaked when they were wet. I live in the Seattle area and it rains a lot here. I haven't had to use the brakes much yet on the Maverick.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I have to have the worst sounding brakes on any Maverick right now, its unbelievably bad. If they come out with a better braking system Ill get it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Anyone figure out a fix yet for the loud squeaking noise that the brakes make? Can't stand it anymore!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Coming from an 08 Teryx, these 4 wheel disc brakes work way better. I have not had any noticeable noise or squeaking. For the guys with squeaky brakes, maybe try the anti squeak gel that is used behind your street cars brake pads.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Then don't use them. Just coast until you bump into a tree or something. Boom problem solved
They squeak when I am not using them. They don't squeak when I am using them. That is why they bug me. Might try that lube that goes on my car brakes to see if that will fix the noise

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 23 Posts