Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I made a noob mistake spraying mud off my Sport XXC and srayed water in the drive belt air intake. After someone who knew more than me told why my machine wouldn't move I drained the water and let it dry. It worked fine for another day of riding. Do I need to take that housing off and clean it out? If so, does anyone know if the gasket for the housing is reuseable?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi everyone, I made a noob mistake spraying mud off my Sport XXC and srayed water in the drive belt air intake. After someone who knew more than me told why my machine wouldn't move I drained the water and let it dry. It worked fine for another day of riding. Do I need to take that housing off and clean it out? If so, does anyone know if the gasket for the housing is reuseable?
Gasket is reusable. How much water did you pour in there? If there was enough to level up to the primary bearing, you should take it apart and service the bearing and clutches before rust appears. At least, that’s what I would do. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was about 2 cups of water in it. I'll take it apart and look at it.

Gasket is reusable. How much water did you pour in there? If there was enough to level up to the primary bearing, you should take it apart and service the bearing and clutches before rust appears. At least, that’s what I would do. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
148 Posts
It will move, the belt is just slipping. Go run it and get the belt and clutches hot.
You can open it up as you need practice doing it anyway but you didn't hurt your machine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If it was mine i would blow out the clutches & housing with air .also dry the belt put it back together & go drive it hard to build some heat then park it should then be ok . lesson learned. good luck.

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
66 Posts
I just did the same thing... I pulled off the cover, removed the belt and sprayed it all with brake cleaner/ carb cleaner (I ran out of brake cleaner pretty quick) then sprayed it really well with compressed air. Also cleaned out the breather hoses. The water got some mud in it so the water that drained was dirty. It left residue on the clutches, which I cleaned. The gasket is reusable as long as it hasn't been pinched in the past, which would allow a leak. I just replaced the bearing a couple weeks ago so I didn't want to mess that up so soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts