Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my new Barkers exhaust in yesterday and go to move the machine and the darn thing doesn't want to move. I have to rev it to 7-8 rpm just to get it to move a little. I get to the dealer and tell them it acts like water on the belt but I haven't been in ANY water yet. The thing has been parked under the carport but sure enough guy took the cap off the drain pipe and it was full of water. I was even more pissed at this point cause what is gonna happen when I don't submerge it in a deep hole. The dealer tells me I need to silicone around the clutch cover and I tell them I shouldn't have to do that it's suppose to be mud ready but feels up with water just sitting under the car port that's bulls sh#t. So where do y'all think the water came from it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
how much water was in it and was it clean or muddy water? have you washed it with a hose or power washer?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would just put the thin film of grease around the cover gasket and tighten the bolts in a pattern as u would on a car. Been doing it for yrs and no issues yet

·
Registered
272 Posts
Don't know if you've got friends like mine or not, but my buddies would screw with me if they could. Never know, might just have some a--hole messing with it. That is if it's easily accessible on your carport.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
You might wanna find some new friends...lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
You might wanna find some new friends...lol
They know I'm wound pretty tight and get a kick out of seeing me freak out. They usually let me know before I get to pissed. It's all in fun I do the same crap to them, always let em know what it is before they hurt anything.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Water was fairly clean and about a gallon. I haven't washed it or road threw a water hole. It was in the rain for a day but I wouldn't think that much could get in there from just run off. It sits under my deck which does allow water on it. I think it's crazy you buy a machine that is suppose to go deep water from the factory and it gets water in it sitting still. Piss pour design if you ask me. I have it all tore apart right now doing exhaust and sport low harness guess I need to take the cover off and seal it good while it's apart.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I doubt it was from your CVT cover leaking if the water is clean.....I would check all of the joints on your intake and exhaust ports for the CVT to see if one of them is loose or not connected at all....if you don't see anything obvious, I would leave the CVT cover off and spray a hose over the intake and exhaust ports (simulating rain) and see if water comes out of the ports down at the CVT....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I didn't think of spraying it with a hose to see where it was leaking. I'll try that when I'm done putting everything on it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Fill the cvt up and ck for leaks. If It's getting in somewhere, it will leak out. Find the leak fix the problem

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Could it be running down the intake? Being parked under a deck, water could worm its way under the plastic cover and soak through the screen, just thinking

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you havent done it already use some rtv on both orings on back cover. These are famouse for leaking while riding in water. Then we run a bead of rtv in groove of outer cover before installing gasket on outer cover. This not only helps seal but keeps gasket stuck to cover . Makes changing belts a lil easier. Then we put a thin layer of dielectric grease on flat side of gasket before installing. Also dont forget to dielectric grease all your electrical plugs.
And yes filling it up with water is the best way to find a leak.

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Don't know if you've got friends like mine or not, but my buddies would screw with me if they could. Never know, might just have some a--hole messing with it. That is if it's easily accessible on your carport.

Just a thought.
If I found out a buddy pulled that on my rig, payback would be a 1/4" socket extension down the spark plug hole. Payback is a bitch!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Has your temps been getting cold at night and warm during the days. Just wonder if its condensation. Just thinking.
Yes they have. Now today I get the exhaust installed then install the sportlow swtchless harness and now get trasmission signal fault code. It was to late to call the place about that one. I'm not having real good luck with this thing so far lol Exhaust does sound pretty sweet though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes they have. Now today I get the exhaust installed then install the sportlow swtchless harness and now get trasmission signal fault code. It was to late to call the place about that one. I'm not having real good luck with this thing so far lol Exhaust does sound pretty sweet though.
If it's the arcticbomb one he'll have to send you a different harness had the same thing happen to me. If it was him just send him a pm and he'll get you fixed up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If it's the arcticbomb one he'll have to send you a different harness had the same thing happen to me. If it was him just send him a pm and he'll get you fixed up.
It was from DZ Motorsports off fleabay. It was to late to call when I got done.Will give them a ring tomorrow. Guess I can go ahead and take it off and start checking for leaks to see where water is getting in at.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If the machine was outside in the rain, I'm guessing the water entered through the fresh air intake ahead of the A pillar on the drivers side.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts