Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I understand this correct then if I raise my waste gate crack pressure I am turning up the boost psi? Also I have a 2020 x3 with 120hp motor. So I am wondering can I get more boost and performance by raising my crack pressure and do this without buying a tune?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Short answer is no, if it were that easy people would have a lot more money in there bank accounts..LoL
maybe someone will Chime in and give a better explanation.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
you will get overboost codes
with out a tune

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go with Whalen Speed WS150 package. All you need is the PV3 tuner and the WS150 tune that comes with it and then adjust crack pressure per the tuners instructions. The KWI clutch kits is well worth the cost if you have extra cash. These mods don't require a larger fuel pump or intercooler & fan. I started off with this same tune on my 2019 X3 Turbo (120hp) and the difference in power was very noticeable. You won't be disappointed and both companies are very good to work with.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go with Whalen Speed WS150 package. All you need is the PV3 tuner and the WS150 tune that comes with it and then adjust crack pressure per the tuners instructions. The KWI clutch kits is well worth the cost if you have extra cash. These mods don't require a larger fuel pump or intercooler & fan. I started off with this same tune on my 2019 X3 Turbo (120hp) and the difference in power was very noticeable. You won't be disappointed and both companies are very good to work with.
So you found the Whalen 150 tune good to go? I was concerned because some vendors wouldn’t turn up the 120hp models much due to high intake temps. I have the pv3 and installed the tune DynoJet gave me it was noticeable but not a bunch. I am still wondering why my maverick high rpm is 7800 and not higher. It’s an xmr I wonder if that’s normal

·
Registered
3 Posts
So you found the Whalen 150 tune good to go? I was concerned because some vendors wouldn’t turn up the 120hp models much due to high intake temps. I have the pv3 and installed the tune DynoJet gave me it was noticeable but not a bunch. I am still wondering why my maverick high rpm is 7800 and not higher. It’s an xmr I wonder if that’s normal
No issues with high intake charge temps or cylinder knock. I kept full throttle blast to less than a 1/2 mile at a time. If you run high temps and the cylinder starts to knock the tune will take timing out to protect the motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts