Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Maverick plated in Washington State.

How do I know where I can legally drive it on public roads?

I live in the Tacoma area. Sure would be nice to be able to legally drive it to a self serve car wash for example.

I asked up in Leavenworth recently, was told I could drive all around, but it's not legal on US Hwy 2.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
County websites who allow on road use all have a section about UTVs
I emailed my county and asked about usage. The State Patrol web page had some decent information. I called the State and they had no clue... Should just video/audio the conversations so I can do do as I please and then beat the tickets by showing that "authorities" couldn't answer the questions.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I emailed my county and asked about usage. The State Patrol web page had some decent information. I called the State and they had no clue... Should just video/audio the conversations so I can do do as I please and then beat the tickets by showing that "authorities" couldn't answer the questions.
I know how you feel, unfortunately that isn't how it works.
Ignorantia juris non excusat[1] or ignorantia legis neminem excusat[2] (Latin for "ignorance of the law excuses not"[1] and "ignorance of law excuses no one"[2] respectively) is a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law may not escape liability for violating that law merely because one was unaware of its content.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know how you feel, unfortunately that isn't how it works.
Ignorantia juris non excusat[1] or ignorantia legis neminem excusat[2] (Latin for "ignorance of the law excuses not"[1] and "ignorance of law excuses no one"[2] respectively) is a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law may not escape liability for violating that law merely because one was unaware of its content.
Sucks but he is 100% correct. And traffic court is even worse they do not have to prove guilt.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If Washington is anything like Oregon, the only Towns that would be, are pretty much east side of Cascades. Smaller towns that have allowed UTV' to use the city streets not State Hwy.

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics

1 - 6 of 6 Posts