Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Idk mine just went and it was starting to get sluggish when starting that's the only warning I got. All of a sudden she just wouldn't turn over. It acted like the started actually seized...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
when it gets warm it turns slower then when cold I noticed so far but its still working,

the ones that failed just did nothing some didn't work out of the crate ,

this is the cheap one

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363584415.877526.jpg

denso is the good one its a lot bigger around to

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Where the heck is it located. I've got my plastic off and looked for it the other day but never located it. I'd like to be able to see which unit I have.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
take off passenger side motor cover and u can see it down there its in between the motor and gear box !

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Took a peak in there last night and I've definitely got the cheap unit. Looks just like the picture above and numbers match up also. This unit is still starting good though but I haven't really gotten it terribly hot yet. The Mav has actually been sitting up on blocks in the garage the last month while doing the exhaust wrap and I'll be doing Dyno Mat or something similar next. I've read where the factory won't cover these until they fail now which is understandable but also pretty crappy if one fails deep into a trail and has to be towed out. Sure wish these things could be bump started or something but I guess a dead starter is just a dead Maverick period.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts