Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Joined today and will look forward to positive posts about the best UTV on the market, but today my maverick is down and needing alot of fixing due to OEM tie rods that failed. The best comment to date has to be where is BRP and Can-Am in dealing with a engineering problem they should have caught in their R&D days. Had Ford or Chevy or for that part hasbro had a defect like this a recall would have been issued and we as owners would be satisfied with knowing our saftey and business is worth more than their bottom line. Won't say as of yet that BRP / Can-Am will not address this issue seriously to where results are in the outcome but as of today all owners and prospective buyers should be warned just because you spent good money dose'nt mean this product is the best money could buy. I lost my Tie Rod to a sandy hill 1 1/2 foot high with forward speed of less than 5 miles an hour. Not even close to what the brochure or commericals claim a maverick can do. Watched a bone stock polarius eat and spit out 15 ft. jumps and keep going all day with the only brakes, smiles and silence for a loud applause. Wish my mav could do that some day.

Yours truly sad maverick x rs dps 2014 with 5000.00 in upgrades owner.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Every after market supplier sells them. Not really a big deal. There has to be a "fuse" in the system.

CT are the best.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Yup, I got tons of them for the regular Mavericks and also the 60" XXC. It was the first part we made along with the rear radius rods
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384042524.990394.jpg

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
while almost all oem tie rods are the weakest link, there is tons and tons of after maret solid and beefy rods. driving has a lot to do with it, the exact way it hot and landed is something that one can not duplicate but can be the issue. don't matter if its cat or canam or teryx on that issue. its the exact angle at the wrong moment. get the set posted above and no more worries

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I had 400 miles on mine with no problems. I changed them out for safety because as an owner I believe safety is also my responsibility.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Been there... done that...:disappointed:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Can't believe the crappy tie rods on the Mav didn't hold up when I hit a tree a couple of weekends ago!!! What a sh&#% product!!! I'm trading my Mav in for an XP1000!!!! I heard they will go right through trees like a hot knife through butter!!!

IMAG0219.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
tie rods the least of your problems. can't say i'm in the same boat here.
Welcome to the forum and take what some of the folks on here say. They all mean well but this is a common problem with many threads on this subject alone. It is one of the first things recommended to replace on a new Maverick. As others have said, most all of the aftermarket companies are making them. The beefiest ones made are from Alex at CT Racing. I am running his front and rears and have had no issues. Something else will break before these do.....

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I pounded on mine for 6 months and never bent anything. I did however replace mine with the CT units for $80 bucks just for peace of mind. Funny that out of $5000 in add-ons, something that adds reliability was not on your list? That must be one hell of a stereo

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Fronts are more important and as far as cost go, ive seen them from $75 and you use your own hardware and ends to $300 for full blown HD replacements with new everything including misalignment spacers for bump steer issues

1 - 20 of 69 Posts