Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 13 Xrs but haven't picked it up yet. I am going to put a warm rt 40 winch on it and was just wondering how difficult and time consuming the install is? I might put it on myself depending on how much the dealer wants. Also has anyone mounted a brp flex plow are they any good and how is the install? Thanks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You can tackle it by yourself. Dealer not needed in my opinion. Check out some previous post by using the search button. Couple installs with pictures. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please, please tell me how you took apart the spring assembly to put it on the plow. I'm trying to loosen the nut at the top but it's not getting loose. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is the whole spring spinning? The bolt at the top should un thread from the middle somewhere been a while since I installed mine, might dig it out today and can have a look for u

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, the whole spring wants to spin. I tried securing the bottom to prevent the whole thing from spinning but then the nut on top doesn't budge. Maybe I'll try a breaker bar?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Success! Maverickxxc, thanks for letting me know about the bolt unthreading from the middle. It gave me the idea to use a breaker bar. I just can't believe they would tighten those up so much at the factory knowing they had to be taken apart. Thanks for your help.
Marc

·
Registered
88 Posts
what did you have to take off to mount the plate ? and did you only loose about an inch of ground clearance ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
make sure you grease them up at the end of the plowing season if and when you disassemble your plow for storage. it makes a big difference

1 - 12 of 12 Posts