Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ordered her today gonna run this with pre runner bumper on my 2020 x3 anyone have any input on install ? the bumper comes with the mount kit and is can am oem product

·
Registered
366 Posts
Check out blown budget off road, I think the name is, a YouTube channel. Pretty cool laidback guys who installed one. I think they had an issue and had to modify something. Not sure if it was on prerunner oem bumper. I bought that bumper and the narrow drum Warn 45. The holes did not line up. Also, the way the prerunner is designed, the holes are parallel to the radiator, meaning the winch is bolted in front to back instead of the bolts facing the ground, an inherently weaker design IMHO.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats the axom winch , i have the vrx 45 i thinkits one step down the axom is the best one they make i believe my winch will fit the pre runnner

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yep wasn’t saying it won’t fit. Just be aware that the mounting position could be better than what the prerunner offers.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
589 Posts
Check out blown budget off road, I think the name is, a YouTube channel. Pretty cool laidback guys who installed one. I think they had an issue and had to modify something. Not sure if it was on prerunner oem bumper. I bought that bumper and the narrow drum Warn 45. The holes did not line up. Also, the way the prerunner is designed, the holes are parallel to the radiator, meaning the winch is bolted in front to back instead of the bolts facing the ground, an inherently weaker design IMHO.
The strongest mounting position for a winch is mounting feet facing the pull direction. The OEM winch mount faces downward. I don't think anyone in the UTV industry cares about some of this stuff because there is no uniformity and very little engineering.
Yep wasn’t saying it won’t fit. Just be aware that the mounting position could be better than what the prerunner offers.
You'd be better off listing which bumpers mount the winch feet forward because if the list isn't zero it's gotta be pretty short.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The strongest mounting position for a winch is mounting feet facing the pull direction. The OEM winch mount faces downward. I don't think anyone in the UTV industry cares about some of this stuff because there is no uniformity and very little engineering.

You'd be better off listing which bumpers mount the winch feet forward because if the list isn't zero it's gotta be pretty short.
so basically the best position is forward feet mount but no bumpers really offer that ? thats interesting for sure and good to know

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
havent got around to it my buddy has been busy he has a better garage then i do so iam gonna do it there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts