Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bent a wheel last night so If anyone has a rear XRS wheel they are looking to sell hit me up. Would be willing to buy an entire set with or without tires as long as they are in good shape.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a complete set as well
Tried to reply but your inbox is full. He is the message though just pm me with the details if you don't mind.

I have a few questions: do you have a full set of just the wheels or wheels and tires? How new are they? Do you have any pictures? And how much are you looking to get for them? I'm located in 16866 (PA).

Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pending deal with livino thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Have you tried to hammer it back out. These rims are thin and lightweight so it should be possible to fix the flat spot.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no way you would get it perfectly round again

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You may be surprised how well you can get it. It doesn't need to be perfect but not that hard to get it to hold a bead. Iced one it with alum rims before and these about the same.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It holds air surprisingly but it comes way to close to the radius rod to run it as is. Now that I bought a new set maybe ill play with it and see what I can do.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you can repair that but it will be weaker.....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah if that's the only issue with it, just bang it out for more clearance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you can repair that but it will be weaker.....
Well that's my biggest worry check out the groove in it from the bolt that holds on the radius rod

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here it is all cleaned up

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I would give it a shot...what do you have to lose....I clipped a rock with my enclosed trailer and bent the bead worse than that. I pounded it back out and put air in it and it held air and was mounted n the trailer for the next 4 years..... If you did it once, you will most likely do it again. So unless you are gonna drop some coin on a set of dual beadlock rims, straighten it and then resume thrashing it until the next time it happens.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would give it a shot...what do you have to lose....I clipped a rock with my enclosed trailer and bent the bead worse than that. I pounded it back out and put air in it and it held air and was mounted n the trailer for the next 4 years..... If you did it once, you will most likely do it again. So unless you are gonna drop some coin on a set of dual beadlock rims, straighten it and then resume thrashing it until the next time it happens.
i bought a full set of OEM take off's so ill have one extra but it wouldn't hurt to have this one too just in case i get in a bind.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you can never have too many spares :wink:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh well they make them everyday haha