Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bent two brake discs last weekend after a rock got wedged between my caliper and rim. Does anyone know where to find aftermarket brake discs for a 2013 maverick 1000R. Are there any shops by the dunes that stock or make brake rotors? The OEM Can Am discs are on back order...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Did this happen with the wheel scrapers still in place?

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Same here. Been waiting for 4 weeks for parts. I just beat mine flat enough last night with a BFH . My scrapers were not in at the time.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Have you all looked into maybe converting over to the maverick maxx brakes? Supposedly bigger so it would be an improvement over the stock ones. They may be on back order as well, I haven't been on can am's part page in awhile

·
Registered
125 Posts
stream line brakes is working on rotors for the commander and the maverick. they say there the same rotor. check with them in 30 to 45 days.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Same here. Been waiting for 4 weeks for parts. I just beat mine flat enough last night with a BFH . My scrapers were not in at the time.
I've been thinking about taking my scrapers off after seeing some nasty pictures on here of hammered wheels due to rocks, guess I need to decide whether I'd rather replace my wheels or my rotors periodically. I always wished my Teryx would of had rear brakes.....now not so much!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'm going to put my scrapers back on. I pulled one of my wheels off last night to check the spacing on my paddle tires, and There was a dent on the inside of the wheel where a rock obviously got hung up on the caliper. I am going to bolt on a rock deflector, probably to the a arm, like some of the desert racers and also RC cars do. The problem is the front tires shooting rocks right back into that area. A piece of plastic or rubber to deflect those rocks should make it a lot better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts