Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
This is before and after retuning for the changes listed above. Lost 2.75 whp and tuned back 8.84 on corn. So the upside is the car felt great with the cam and now when I drive it I'll get to enjoy an additional 8.84.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
If I remember correctly Vivid’s was claiming 30 lbs torque gain. Which is why there is such a noticeable change.
No torque plots from KMS, I guess I'll just be satisfied with the seat dyno.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Say what you will about the dynojet Dyno, it's just a tuning tool, numbers are before and after adding the seadoo spark ace 900 NA cam, UMP intake, swapping the agency power wastegate for a Borg Warner due to clearance issues with the UMP, loading the secondary spring to the first hole, and new NGK Iridium LMAR9AI-8 gapped @ .021--Pump 181.34 to 186.21 (gained 4.87); corn 194.59 to 201.68 (gained 7.09). Drivability is greatly enhanced, touch the throttle and it pulls. Definitely worth the money, especially for the DIYers. I paid the dealer but I purchased the intake and exhaust cam new for $80 total so that offset install fees. The more power you make, the more it costs to squeeze a few extra hp out so I'm not disappointed at all. Yesterday's Dyno session was more about getting the smooth Drivability back, I was already satisfied with the torque gain in the seat dyno.

With all of the other changes you made at the same time, how do you know if the cams helped at all?

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Very likely the case, and better filtration. Win-win

The ump for sure flows better. I am running one now. Since I went ahead ( possibly jumped the gun) and ordered the 900HO cam, I wish someone had a before and after dyno run with a cam change only.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I wanted to build it that way... Install-dyno-rinse repeat but it didn't work out. My build wasn't planned very well and I made a lot of purchases and then changed directions. Research is tough, a lot of opinions and a lot of "best options". Maybe you can get Dyno numbers before and after and clear it up for other members.

·
Registered
559 Posts
What’s the part # for the intake cam and where did you buy it?
The sea-doo Ace intake cam PN is 420820200 and the cost is $139.99 from the dealer. There's a few on here that did the cam alone and will be able to comment on necessary tuning. I needed tuning but I made quite a few changes at the same time.

·
Registered
559 Posts
hey i'm too planing to buy a PV3 too, that's great, could you help me learning this?
Sorry, I just saw this. Yes, I can walk you thru flashing in a tune. I'm sure there are also videos on the internet that could explain better then I can. Most will recommend a tune specific to your machine, mods, and elevation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys, so I have been thinking about installing the spark intake cams. I currently have ump intake, 3in exhaust, 2018 fuel pump, big injectors and pwrtune e85 tune.
I’m mainly curious if a retune is required when adding the cams? I’ve tried to read all I can about them and some say they retuned others haven’t..

·
Registered
559 Posts
I added the spark cam and rode a hundred miles at 5000-8000 feet in island Park. It needed a tune. Got a tune and now it's happy

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

41 - 58 of 58 Posts