Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
The seadoo ace 420820200 intake cam measured out at .050 more lift than the 420820204 intake cam

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Following, thanks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I got the Sea Doo Spark cams installed. I opted for both the intake and exhaust because I got a screaming deal on a new set. There is a considerable bump in torque. The added HP can be felt as well. I haven't had it back on the Dyno and I have not had my tunes tweaked yet but the extra torque on both corn and pump tunes made it a blast to drive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would be careful here. NA camshafts characteristic are not as same as turbo camshafts.
Valve timings must be verified after installation, just to ensure that valves overlap value remains within the turbo engines acceptable range.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Correct! but forced induction motors need more overlap/love more overlap as it lets the boost push out the exhaust gasses for a cleaner cylinder charge. as where NA motors timing and overlap if to much or wrong will hurt the intake pulse..

Just got my cam in, going to put it in this coming week!!! ill measure and try to get the differences so we know

·
Registered
615 Posts
Correct! but forced induction motors need more overlap/love more overlap as it lets the boost push out the exhaust gasses for a cleaner cylinder charge. as where NA motors timing and overlap if to much or wrong will hurt the intake pulse..

Just got my cam in, going to put it in this coming week!!! ill measure and try to get the differences so we know
Did you get the see Doo Spark cam?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yes, any advice on install?
I wish I could say I installed mine. I had the dealership put it in. I got the intake and exhaust cams new for $80 total so it balanced out with install price. It goes back on the Dyno next Thursday for tuning so we'll see the numbers per a dynojet Dyno. I know they read high but maybe we'll at least have a percent change to go off of.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I wish I could say I installed mine. I had the dealership put it in. I got the intake and exhaust cams new for $80 total so it balanced out with install price. It goes back on the Dyno next Thursday for tuning so we'll see the numbers per a dynojet Dyno. I know they read high but maybe we'll at least have a percent change to go off of.
cool, im kinda doing it all at once.
4WRI tune, injectors, wastegate, piping, cam, exhaust, ported turbo, clutch.

so i should notice a increase i think lol

none motor stuff
cage, bumper, lights, 32"km3's on new wheels, harnesses, seat heaters, carrier bearing, end links, wbb belt..

·
Registered
615 Posts
cool, im kinda doing it all at once.
4WRI tune, injectors, wastegate, piping, cam, exhaust, ported turbo, clutch.

so i should notice a increase i think lol

none motor stuff
cage, bumper, lights, 32"km3's on new wheels, harnesses, seat heaters, carrier bearing, end links, wbb belt..
Yes, the extra torque is night and day. Actually a bit of a handful on high speed, tight, whooped out desert runs. Throttle is instant

·
Registered
37 Posts

I have to DISAGREE with you here.

Turbo engines with high exhaust back pressure won't like more overlap. It should be limited to a maximum 12° overlap.

Your statement can be true for blown engines, where the low exhaust back pressure is the case.

Some engine builders are heading toward negative overlap camshaft designs for turbo engines nowadays.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you know, or can you point me in the direction of the torque specs for the cam retainer?

I got the cam swapped and timed, just need to torque it and put valve cover on..

Thank you for any info..

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
9 nm +-1 or about 7 ft/lb

do a snug on all of them, then torque center 8 bolts. Then go around perimeter for the outside 8.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Say what you will about the dynojet Dyno, it's just a tuning tool, numbers are before and after adding the seadoo spark ace 900 NA cam, UMP intake, swapping the agency power wastegate for a Borg Warner due to clearance issues with the UMP, loading the secondary spring to the first hole, and new NGK Iridium LMAR9AI-8 gapped @ .021--Pump 181.34 to 186.21 (gained 4.87); corn 194.59 to 201.68 (gained 7.09). Drivability is greatly enhanced, touch the throttle and it pulls. Definitely worth the money, especially for the DIYers. I paid the dealer but I purchased the intake and exhaust cam new for $80 total so that offset install fees. The more power you make, the more it costs to squeeze a few extra hp out so I'm not disappointed at all. Yesterday's Dyno session was more about getting the smooth Drivability back, I was already satisfied with the torque gain in the seat dyno.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
If I remember correctly Vivid’s was claiming 30 lbs torque gain. Which is why there is such a noticeable change.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
i have mine in and done, i have not driven it as there is no cage on it ATM.
i did measure out the cams. came up with .050 more lift, duration was almost none with .1 degree sooner.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts