Discussion Starter #1
Vivid Racing Can-Am Maverick X3 Turbo Camshaft Upgrade Kit
Model #: VR-X3-CAMS anyone using these?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Vivid Racing Can-Am Maverick X3 Turbo Camshaft Upgrade Kit
Model #: VR-X3-CAMS anyone using these?
Watching this one... I've had these cams in my shopping cart half a dozen times now. Judging by the install instructions I am guessing they are not regrinds; they make no mention of shimming the lifters so I am assuming the base circle is intact. Looks like an incredible deal that delivers a big bump in torque numbers. Only thing stopping me is finding a reputable installer. I do not want to mess with the timing/gears.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
It is a hydrolec bucket no shims there.
I think they are Ace 900 cams.
Take too much off the base circle=shims under hydraulic lifter right? Either way, Ace 900 cams? Do you have anymore information? I did some more research.
So same OEM exhaust camshaft 420820210; intake camshaft is 420820200 and provides more lift coming from an N/A application.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Installed these a few months back had a pretty noticeable bump in power. Install wasn’t bad at all, worst part was getting down in there to do the work through the intercooler area. I ended up pulling the bed out so I had some room to work, some might find that step unnecessary but I like a little room around the work area and used some old shock clamps as makeshift soft jaws lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Installed these a few months back had a pretty noticeable bump in power. Install wasn’t bad at all, worst part was getting down in there to do the work through the intercooler area. I ended up pulling the bed out so I had some room to work, some might find that step unnecessary but I like a little room around the work area and used some old shock clamps as makeshift soft jaws lol
freaking genius, cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
I did a part number compare and only the intake cam on the turbo R is different from the Spark HO and the 900HO X3. The exhaust cam is the same part number on a 2018 model X3. I would like to see what Vivid is selling and if they are BRP parts the cams are only $140 each and we may only need to change the intake cam. I am subscribed this is easy cheap horsepower.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I did a part number compare and only the intake cam on the turbo R is different from the Spark HO and the 900HO X3. The exhaust cam is the same part number on a 2018 model X3. I would like to see what Vivid is selling and if they are BRP parts the cams are only $140 each and we may only need to change the intake cam. I am subscribed this is easy cheap horsepower.
I love finds like this. I was building a Chrysler 420A many years ago and buying SRT4 neon Pistons from CP yielded me an extra 1.5 comp ratio and saved me $200 for a "custom" charge

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks, no the rpms were the same and still idles like stock nice and smooth

I think this and the part numbers might tell us it's intake cam only. I should have mine in a few days so we'll have so more info.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think this and the part numbers might tell us it's intake cam only. I should have mine in a few days so we'll have so more info.

You get your cam put in yet also anyone find out if vivids are truly custom grinds or just a Ace cam and looking to take your dollhairs?

·
Registered
615 Posts
You get your cam put in yet?
I have not got them installed, I received them and they are sitting on a shelf waiting. I'm installing a UMP intake and dynojet wideband first to get the most out of the cams and be able to data log for tuning for them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Let me know if you have any trouble with the wide band, I ran the Dynojet CX display for a while with no issues then later added the wideband to it. Now occasionally my accessory power doesn’t turn off the majority of the time after shutting the machine off I have to pull my key now. I could have possibly hooked it up to the wrong spot for power supply though, was going to look into it just haven’t had time.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Let me know if you have any trouble with the wide band, I ran the Dynojet CX display for a while with no issues then later added the wideband to it. Now occasionally my accessory power doesn’t turn off the majority of the time after shutting the machine off I have to pull my key now. I could have possibly hooked it up to the wrong spot for power supply though, was going to look into it just haven’t had time.
I'm running the PV3, I'll let you know for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
You get your cam put in yet also anyone find out if vivids are truly custom grinds or just a Ace cam and looking to take your dollhairs?
I got mine and installed them but I didn’t set up a degree wheel and check duration and lift. Vivid don’t have a cam card and they couldn’t tell me anything about them other than the work, these are not regrinds either. There is no real identification on the cams nor is there any on the ones I took out. I still believe they are 900HO cams which we know only the intake would be different.

Today I put a little time on the cams, there is definitely a noticeable power increase. I’m running a e85 tune and there was enough power difference that my shiftout rpm raised at least 100 to 200 rpm. Biggest noticeable improvement was 25 to 30 mph punch. Over all worth the money but I think I could have done it with just an intake cam but I don’t know that for sure.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts