Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

301 - 320 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
HALO LOCKER

Videos post 2 of 3

Video #2
At some point we have all had the problem of only 3 wheels turning.

Video #3
Much better then in the last video, all four are locked up now.
All four wheels spin equal even when two are on concrete and two are on dirt.

Video #4
Climbing a tree part one
Showing all four wheels spin even when one is in the air.

Video #5
Climbing a tree part two
Showing all four wheels spin even when one is in the air.

Video #6
Not extreme terrain just wanted to demonstrate can be locked and unlocked on-the-fly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
HALO LOCKER

Videos post 3 of 3

Video #7
Just goofing around
Looking back at the Maverick on a simple ride

Video #8
Icy gravel Hill
Locked in to show all four wheels spinning

Video #9
Sneak peek
Not installed in the SxS a look at the switch, wiring, actuator, cable and differential in action locking and unlocking.

Video #10
Final product in action on garage floor going from 3 wheel drive then locked and going into 4 wheel drive using electric switch.

Video #11
Installed and looking at the cable routing and switch in action.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
No it's a true open diff when in 3 wheel drive, just like the visco it will alternate traction side to side when needed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 · (Edited)

Thought I'd post this to maybe show some of u guys that might not know or understand how a true open diff works when it's unlocked. If u watch carefully you will see traction alternate from side to side on the front wheels! you can also take note that when all traction becomes equal all four wheels pull.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Video is private...

·
Registered
895 Posts
very nice, looking forward to one of these! I bet I can be the first to moab with one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the electric motor sealed and waterproof?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
Is the electric motor sealed and waterproof?
This is the same actuator that gm uses on some of they're suv like enclave I believe is what I was told the part# crossed too! So not only are they made for the elements we are taking extra steps to ensure it'll be fine, plus you can mount the actuator anywhere? Heck u could mount it on your roof if u saw fit. Not saying do that of course but u can literally put this wher u like it, and want it

·
Registered
31 Posts
So when will we know when a list has started so I can get my name on the list for a diff upgrade. Very interested and thanks for taking the time to make the Maverick an even more incredible machine!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes it would void the factory warranty

Why and how? They have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure... Yes they wont cover the front diff after modification, but say for example your radiator starts leaking. That can hardly be attributed to the locker and should be covered.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Why and how? They have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure... Yes they wont cover the front diff after modification, but say for example your radiator starts leaking. That can hardly be attributed to the locker and should be covered.
I meant the diff would be voided, possibly the rest of the front driveline. I figured this being a thread on front diffs thats where his question was aimed

301 - 320 of 348 Posts