Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, any thoughts or pointers for my issue? Was riding this weekend and every time I got on three wheels and the visco lok would try and engage it made a god awful clanking noise like it was trying to engage but would never "catch". Tried it at different RPMS and what not just couldn't get it to engage. Anyone run across this or have an idea of where my problem is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just went out and turned the wheel all the way and was able to wiggle the inner cv joint on the driver side a bit. Maybe an 1/8 of inch at the most. Not sure if that is just normal wear, passenger side didn't move at all.

·
Registered
309 Posts
How did you get the qe in the front with out changing parts out? The only reason I ask is because if you don't reinstall the passenger side correctly/fully you'll snap the tip off your inner CV joint and it won't work anymore

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the dealer put in a brand new QE when I bought the machine. The whole case and insides.

I watched a video from super Atv on how to install the passenger axle and it appears to be installed correctly. No slack or wiggle.

I am thinking I might have to jack it up and hold the tires and test. Think that will help at all?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
When mine is in a bad bind it will make the grinding noise but still work

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mmm, both times I was in deep ruts practically on my side so all the weight was on one side and it would grind but I didn't want to break anything so i didn't push it all that much.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Have you checked your fuse?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts