Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put a winch on my maverick and was thinking of running the viper winch. Dose anyone run one? Are they worth it or am I just cheeping out and should just buy a warn

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I did the 3500 Elite from team FAS and love it! It has a remote and they can provide you with a mount if you don't already have one. Synthetic cable is much safer than steel and stronger too.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I ran viper 4000 with synthetic almost two years no problems.. There when I needed it. Will be using them again on the new max..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had a viper 4000 elite with the remote control on my 2010 ranger.
Just sold the ranger to a friend.
Viper is over 4 years old and works like new.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I prefer the synthetic rope because it doesn't store energy during a catastrophic break.
Watched a cable snap once and take out a buddy's shoulder.
He still wears that very large scar today.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a viper 4000 on my brute force and it has been great strongest pulling winch I have ever had

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought and installed the 4000. Great price and I would recommend the mounting plate. It has the dash mounted switch and the remote control. I haven't used it yet but feel better having it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Keep in mind that a snatch block doubles your winch capacity.
So the answer would be yes if you're properly prepared.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've got a Viper Elite 4000. haven't had problems, but it seems weak to me. Even with a snatch block. I've got a BIG Stinger battery that it's wired to, so it's not a voltage problem. Could possibly be the 8 gauge cable that they sent out with it, doesn't seem to me like 350A would be ideal for 8 gauge.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts