Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent a PM to TeamFASMotorsports yesterday looking for a Viper Elite 5000 widespool and a mount and it has already shipped! You can't beat service like that with a stick! Can't wait to mount 'er up and go get stuck!

Reactions: wickedcummins

·
Banned
546 Posts
great seller for sure.. same guy I got mine from

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
made my morning to see the tracking number this morning after some zipper head in front of me lost their exhaust and it wiped out the front valance of my truck on the way to work in the dark... i didn't know wtf happened. woke me up better than 2 pots of coffee!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just shoot a pm to them... they are on the ball and it's a better deal than going to the manufacturer.

·
Vendor
1,767 Posts
Thanks guys! we are still working the bugs out of our online store thats why it isnt viewable on the website. Even once it is online, The cheapest pricing will be had by pming us. Due to MAP policies we can advertise below certain prices. Thanks again - JT

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got it mounted today. Still have to wire it up, but the hard part is over. I used the viper maverick mount and installed it at the same time as my CT front gusset set. Took a little bit of tinkering to make it all fit. I drilled and countersunk new winch mount holes 1.75" forward of the original holes. Could have got away with 1.5", and it would have made putting the bumper back on a little easier. The bumper contacts the winch on the driver side a little, but not enough to worry about.

View attachment 6008

View attachment 6009

IMG_20131116_145735_177.jpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is there 2 u-bolts still to be installed from the winch mount plate around each of the lower tubes on the front bumper??? Is the winch mounting plate from Viper or BRP??
thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yep. Didn't have the u-bolts on when I took the pic. Got sidetracked by a coyote that needed to become dead. So, the coyote is in the dumpster and I have to finish up my install in the am. Good eye man!
The mount is from Viper. Bought the kit with the Mav mount from teamfasmotorsports. The gusset plate makes the u-bolts that go to the frame tube at the back of the mount are an exercise in patience. Have to tighten them, cut off the extra threads, loosen it all up enough to shimmy the gusset in, then tighten them up behind the gusset. Racheting box wrench will be your best friend.

Reactions: TeamFASMotorsports

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I got everything wired up tonight. One problem though... the dash switch only works for cable out. The wireless remote works just fine for both cable in and cable out, so this leads me to believe I have a faulty switch. Am I leaning in the right direction? I'm no electrician by any stretch of the imagination. Thoughts? I appreciate it.

·
Vendor
1,767 Posts
Well, I got everything wired up tonight. One problem though... the dash switch only works for cable out. The wireless remote works just fine for both cable in and cable out, so this leads me to believe I have a faulty switch. Am I leaning in the right direction? I'm no electrician by any stretch of the imagination. Thoughts? I appreciate it.
Hey whats up? Ill inbox you now and we can get it fixed for you - JT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts