Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided I'm tired of the yellow on my xrs. I ordered some samples and decided to wrap all my yellow in a satin pearl white. I got a smaller piece to try it out before I order enough to do my maverick. I figured I try it on the hood piece since it was smaller, easiest to take off and had a few contours on it. It was a lot easier than I thought t was going to be.

The vinyl I am using is 3m 1080 scotchprint. It was designed for wrapping cars so it's meant to be easy to work and stretch to go into deep recesses and body lines.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423883934.663518.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423883952.442044.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423884068.102632.jpg
I had a few scraps so I was messing around with the knife-less tape for cutting the vinyl without cutting into your plastic. You can cut designs and stuff with it very easy and it's cuts the vinyl really nice.

I'm also wanting to add some more color probably green or blue... Or maybe both. So I will get more vinyl on the way and keep you guys updated as soon as I get more done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear about how it's lasting. If you don't mind me asking what product did you use?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great job Trevor :) I see your using just a hair dryer , so you don't need a heat gun with the wrap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! A heat gun would be better than the hair dryer, but the hair dryer works lol.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Administrator
2,456 Posts
A friend did his dad's RZR today...what a transformation from white to multi-colored and even wrapped the inside of his doors and roof.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got another piece wrapped yesterday afternoon. Out of the vinyl I ordered to sample so I will have to order some more. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424131504.978031.jpg

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424132270.457944.jpg

Reactions: chubick253

·
Registered
480 Posts
Wow looks great.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you. There are a few imperfections from my plastic being beat up and scratched but you have to look hard in person to see them. If it all turns out like that I will be very pleased. It's all going to get scratched up again anyway. I guess scratches just prove your getting your money's worth out of your maverick lol.

Reactions: dirtyj

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
With 1,700 miles of desert washes, creosote and tamarack bushes mine is getting that nice patina look "scratch" job. Any ideas of what a shop job would run a guy. T-that is looking good, please post a pic down the road.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Looks good so far.

Reactions: mearsman

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sure what shops charge to do vinyl work. It's not to hard just takes time and patience lol.

Thanks desertdog.

Reactions: dirtyj

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks man!

Yesterday afternoon I decided to try and use every little scrap I had left. On the rear yellow pieces I knew I wanted to wrap the recesses first that way i wouldn't have to stretch the vinyl so much. The little corner was a pain in the ass but I got it. It turned out ok, I was pleased with it for my experience level with this stuff so far. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424267398.418328.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424267406.685791.jpg

Reactions: GloverXRS

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Should be getting more vinyl soon. Been busy working on my ds450. Took a shit on me. But anxious to get more vinyl and get it all wrapped!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts