Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a little video I put together of our Thanksgiving weekend ride at Royal Blue in Pioneer, TN. If you've never been, Royal Blue is a great place to ride with lots of various types of terrain, there's even a sand beach on top of a mountain (or maybe we'll call it a TN dune).

·
Registered
367 Posts
Great vid. I see why all you eastern folks need the sport low mod.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And better tie rods.......
Yeah, I replaced my tie rods last night. I bent one on the way back to camp on our last trail, granted I did hit a log that I was aiming to miss, but the that particular trail was sloppy and slick and off camber, so I slid into it at about 25mph. Wasn't really that hard of a lick. The factory tie rods are so weak I was able to bend it back enough with my foot so I could drive it back to camp.

I had the CT replacements in my tool bag for a couple of months just waiting for the right time to put them on....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Video didn't work for me
You have a problem with your computer or device if youtube doesn't work for you. Try clicking on the "title link" of the video in the top left of the video image, that may work around your issue.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I had the CT replacements in my tool bag for a couple of months just waiting for the right time to put them on....
Great idea.... I've got CT's, but still carry a few extra OEM ones just in case, and for other people that may be on the trail too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Been to royal blue 3 times from central Florida .
We love it there.highly recommended!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looks like fun!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
That looks like a blast. I love the desert and dunes, but it would be great to have someplace like that to ride in these parts.

·
Registered
217 Posts
its actually an old sand mine...theres even better riding on the west side of the interstate if you like more challenging spots...places like widow maker!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That sand topped mountain is on the West side of I-75. I've heard of the widowmaker trail, but yes, much more challenging riding on the West side. I've not ridden widow maker but I've heard it's pretty gnarly. Isn't that trail accessible from Windrock as well?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Looks like some bad ass riding, excellent video!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
nice video......looks like a good time.

·
Registered
217 Posts
you can actually ride from windrock to brimstone to royal blue to Middlesboro and tackett creek and even hit black mtn if you know someone who knows the way...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you can actually ride from windrock to brimstone to royal blue to Middlesboro and tackett creek and even hit black mtn if you know someone who knows the way...
Yeah, I read an article from a writer that actually ride trails all the way up to WV on motorcycles a few years ago. If I recall correctly it took him a well over a week. I'd like to get a good .gpx file of the off map trails.

I've ridden Black Mountain as well. You have pay attention up there, it can be a long way down (speaking from unfortunate experience)! Riding into the town of Harlan is pretty cool, especially if you're a fan of the best show on tv, Justified! We had the sheriff wave at us on out our way to the local dairy dip.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The dairy mart on the evarts side is a must eat if you ride black mountain! im fortunate be within an hour of Harlan. 1 hr of royal blue and brimstone. 20 minutes to the bridge to no where and a couple hours from windrock

·
Registered
164 Posts
its actually an old sand mine...theres even better riding on the west side of the interstate if you like more challenging spots...places like widow maker!
when you say west side do you mean Brimstone? we are heading down there in 7 days but haven't figured out where we are going to ride yet. we mostly ride Hatfield McCoy in WV
thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts