Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
During the testing i was going over 60 mph. Don did a great job on picking a new spring rate and revalving the shocks

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope these pic help... my maverick is almost 70 inches at the bolts behind the drivers seat. There is about 2 inches of the shock showing at each end.

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the top of my cage right above the driver there are two bolts, at that point my maverick is not quite 70 inches tall. That will give everyone how much lower it is than stock.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When i picked my maverick up from the 10hr. service i took a few of the sales guys for a little ride and they were just amazed how smooth it was. I drove it into and off curbes and they said it felt like it was floating.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the muzzy system it is quicker throught the power band. If you add a good clutch system you will gain about 6 mph. Overall the best system on the market.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good working with you on the suspension Kevin! That was a fun project. It will be fun to see in your next race how it does.

For others out there.... While internal valving is ultimately required for the best performance, I did not try it, but simply swapping the front coils to the rear, and vise versa, should balance out the rig A LOT! You will bottom out a little easier in the rear, but the lighter spring rate will make the factory rebound tune more effective, and MUCH less bouncy. Someone might want to try that and report back.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Wow! I never would have thought about doing that. Better yet, I'd like to leave the front alone, and put front springs on the rear. I have a friend with a shock spring rate tester. I'm going to find out what the stock spring are.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow! I never would have thought about doing that. Better yet, I'd like to leave the front alone, and put front springs on the rear. I have a friend with a shock spring rate tester. I'm going to find out what the stock spring are.
I wouldn't hesitate to put the rears to the front, as that will help keep the front high, and should still ride and handle great.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heading to the Oregon coast June 20-23 if anybody wants to meet up temp will be 65-70.... Muzzy's will have my maverick in there booth during Dune fest. They get up early every morning and go out riding for a few hours. Would be a good time to ask any questions you have person to person.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Front is 164 rears are 200
This shows you how cheap the factory springs are, we got 140 and 190....lol
I have a set of factory springs if someone wants to try it.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Considering the terrain was not what I would call rough, I really did not see a smooth suspension in the vid. When tuned correctly the suspension should be soaking up the terrain and there should be a lot less body movement fore and aft. It also appeared to me the rear wheels were off the ground in one section. Just an observation and no disrespect meant towards the tuner.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts