Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Did you just get that off youtube or were you letting Tripp drive your rig.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yeah. All them rock bouncer guys rip shit up. It's awesome. If you haven't already, you should checkout "tim cameron gamechanger cable hill".

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
his clutch held up just fine !

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Was that a crack at me....lol

lol no why did ur clutch blow ?

im just worried my self and i see him beating on his and its holding up thats a good thing !, lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
lol no why did ur clutch blow ?

im just worried my self and i see him beating on his and its holding up thats a good thing !, lol
Yes. It blew on my very first ride. I had 4 miles on it. Talk about pissed off. I'm the one who started the "hero to zero" thread. Been worried every since.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm having a Jimmy Smith chassis being built right now. Gonna stuff a stroked 6.0 in it. I'm ready to join the whole rock bouncing thing. Seems like a ton of fun.
Just traded my crawler on Duece and a halfs for a drag car. Damn. You need to holler at me before you head out somewhere. I wud like to go with. I got a whole crew of crawlers and SXS. Some just as crazy as the tennessee boys.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ummm.... actually.... it held up fine in this video. but since then..... not so much.
lol i take it he called you ? or u know him ? lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
Dammit. I hate hearing about these clutches failing. just wonderin when the next time it will leave me stranded.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Is he still going with stock under warranty or is he gonna go aftermarket now.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Adam, thanks for the primary man , thing is a freakin beast ! What exactly blew on his secondary ?? Just wondering if i should change out the factory bolt on it. I cleaned out the holes with carb cleaner and loc-tited both bolts before installing them. Plus I torqued to 74 and 44 ft lbs. Is there anything that you seen on his that we might can do on ours to prevent the same thing from happening ?

·
Registered
711 Posts
i dunno. his was all stock. the secondary had never been touched when his backed off.

can-am does not use loctite. when i ship anything, whether it be a set of clutch bolts, or a complete clutch, i ship everything for a can-am with red loctite. i recommend using the loctite, as i ALWAYS have and i have never had a clutch back off. i recommend using loctite on the primary and secondary. make sure your bolts are clean, no grease or oil on them, and apply a dab of red loctite to the bolts threads before you install them and tighten them down. you should not have any problems

·
Registered
96 Posts
Airdam, Ive tried to find your website to see about ordering whats needed but cannot seem to find it.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Airdam, Ive tried to find your website to see about ordering whats needed but cannot seem to find it.

in the mean time, can am has a recall - new washers and bolts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts