Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Did you just get that off youtube or were you letting Tripp drive your rig.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yeah. All them rock bouncer guys rip shit up. It's awesome. If you haven't already, you should checkout "tim cameron gamechanger cable hill".

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
his clutch held up just fine !

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm having a Jimmy Smith chassis being built right now. Gonna stuff a stroked 6.0 in it. I'm ready to join the whole rock bouncing thing. Seems like a ton of fun.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Was that a crack at me....lol

lol no why did ur clutch blow ?

im just worried my self and i see him beating on his and its holding up thats a good thing !, lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
lol no why did ur clutch blow ?

im just worried my self and i see him beating on his and its holding up thats a good thing !, lol
Yes. It blew on my very first ride. I had 4 miles on it. Talk about pissed off. I'm the one who started the "hero to zero" thread. Been worried every since.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm having a Jimmy Smith chassis being built right now. Gonna stuff a stroked 6.0 in it. I'm ready to join the whole rock bouncing thing. Seems like a ton of fun.
Just traded my crawler on Duece and a halfs for a drag car. Damn. You need to holler at me before you head out somewhere. I wud like to go with. I got a whole crew of crawlers and SXS. Some just as crazy as the tennessee boys.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ummm.... actually.... it held up fine in this video. but since then..... not so much.
lol i take it he called you ? or u know him ? lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
Dammit. I hate hearing about these clutches failing. just wonderin when the next time it will leave me stranded.

·
Registered
711 Posts
his primary blew off 3 weeks ago and cashed out the belt and clutch housing

last weekend his secondary blew off and cashed out another belt, clutch housing, helix, spring, and inner half of the secondary

·
Registered
806 Posts
Is he still going with stock under warranty or is he gonna go aftermarket now.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Adam, thanks for the primary man , thing is a freakin beast ! What exactly blew on his secondary ?? Just wondering if i should change out the factory bolt on it. I cleaned out the holes with carb cleaner and loc-tited both bolts before installing them. Plus I torqued to 74 and 44 ft lbs. Is there anything that you seen on his that we might can do on ours to prevent the same thing from happening ?

·
Registered
711 Posts
i dunno. his was all stock. the secondary had never been touched when his backed off.

can-am does not use loctite. when i ship anything, whether it be a set of clutch bolts, or a complete clutch, i ship everything for a can-am with red loctite. i recommend using the loctite, as i ALWAYS have and i have never had a clutch back off. i recommend using loctite on the primary and secondary. make sure your bolts are clean, no grease or oil on them, and apply a dab of red loctite to the bolts threads before you install them and tighten them down. you should not have any problems

·
Registered
96 Posts
Airdam, Ive tried to find your website to see about ordering whats needed but cannot seem to find it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Airdam, Ive tried to find your website to see about ordering whats needed but cannot seem to find it.

in the mean time, can am has a recall - new washers and bolts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts